Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: testosterone benefits  (Read 1190 times)

Sammiejane

testosterone benefits
« on: April 08, 2020, 12:10:26 PM »

afternoon ladies

firstly i hope you are safe and well .

i would like to know for those of you who take tesosterone what you have found the benefits to be in particular

VA
pelvic floor strength
bladder irritation
energy
libido
vaginal discharge - increase or decrease

i?m doing well on my regime however i?m due to start tesosterone next week tostran and i?m hoping it will improve pelvic floor strength as this feels slightly weaker since adding in progesterone also get rid of or improve this watery discharge i seem to be getting more of since adding in progesterone .
but also my energy and libido not that i need so much libido as my husband and i have recently separated a long story another time but could be due to my mental health surgical menopause has put me in and of course i blame myself but i?m trying to stay strong for my kids .

i currently take 2 pumps gel and 100 mg utro ! yes i know have had hysterectomy and u may be thinking why would she take progesterone well i felt awful on estrogen alone and my hair was shedding loads and thinning my mood was irratic my aniexty through the roof then hit with depression since taking combined continuously i feel lots better just this watery discharge energy and libido driving me nuts x

thank you 🙏🏼

Sooze

Re: testosterone benefits
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 07:12:33 PM »

Hi Sammiejane,
Dealing with your questions in order (as far as my experience).

VA - difficult to say as I started T when I'd been on Tibolone and Ovestin already, and the Ovestin pretty much sorted the VA, whereas Vagifem that I'd tried previous didn't.  Since I've been on Sandrena & Utrogestan I've rarely needed Ovestin in the last 6 months.

pelvic floor strength - improved with the improvement in VA, and ability to do more pelvic floor exercises.

bladder irritation - not a problem I've experienced.

energy - absolutely improved, along with massive reduction in aching joints to almost zero.

libido - massive improvement but very dose specific.  Although I'm prescribed 1 pump of Tostran on alternate days that's too much for me.  A petit pois size blob every day works best as alternate days gives me feelings of peaks and troughs and I feel ?wired? when I use too much T, which is how I've tweaked my best amount.

vaginal discharge - increase or decrease.  Can't say it effected it at all.

HTH,
S

Sarai

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 12:35:16 PM »

Ive just started on it only done a week of pea size blob I felt better and think I slept better but then I seemed to need the loo more, for a wee. Now I had that pretty much sorted especially at night since vagifem. Once a night is all I can cope with. Ive had phases in the past of fake urinary infection so I know thats just me, but I was going to post about the wee thing. Ive stopped for 2 days now to see if it goes.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 12:54:58 PM »

Foe me it's helped 2,4 & 5. 6 no change, don't have1&3 (yet).

Sammiejane

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 06:45:56 PM »

hi ladies

thank you for taking the time to comment .

the other thing i wondered if tesosterone improved was hair thinning as anyone felt there hair feels thicker and shedding if any stopped x or has there hair got worse .

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 07:58:09 PM »

Hi Sammiejane

I think you asked about T and hair thickness on another thread. I'm pretty sure I've answered you already on that one ie haven't noticed any difference in my head hair with T. However have more hairy thighs and more hair in um private areas (pits and stuff).

Re your other Qs. Yes to libido or to be precise, response rather than libido which is pretty much unchanged but response is completely restored  ::). Energy yes + improvement to muscles etc especially after exercise although this is deteriorating again but I am ancient   ;D. No change or no effect in all the other areas in your list.

Hurdity x

Shannonplussed

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 09:49:28 PM »

I have more energy. Nothing yet to report re:  libido/response.

I have a question to add while we're here...does testosterone gel really just act locally? My OB-GYN prescribed me 1% Androgel (Canada) for my complaint of absent sex drive. She instructed me to apply 1 pump three times a week to the mons pubis. She said it just acts locally. But I think I do have more energy, and for others that apply it to other sites and have success, how can it be that it just works locally?  ???

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 09:57:22 PM »

I apply it to the sole of my foot (to avoid a hairy thigh). Can't say I've noticed my foot getting rampant  ???

Shannonplussed

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 10:03:43 PM »

I apply it to the sole of my foot (to avoid a hairy thigh). Can't say I've noticed my foot getting rampant  ???

That's hilarious! ;D

KaraShannon

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 11:09:16 PM »

Can I ask, can you get testosterone treatment in the UK on NHS or privately?  Does it require blood tests or do they just trial you on it?  Thanks  :-)

Jaylow

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2020, 11:19:16 PM »

I started taking it last year. No change in libido but slight change in feeling , everything had been going numb.
But, sadly for me, I had hair loss around my hairline, male baldness pattern area. I stopped the testosterone and my hair thankfully has started growing back, I have a fine section of hair about 3 inches long all round my hairline. it's sad that I've had to choose between feeling/ response and keeping my hair.

Joaniepat

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2020, 06:58:32 AM »

Can I ask, can you get testosterone treatment in the UK on NHS or privately?  Does it require blood tests or do they just trial you on it?  Thanks  :-)
You can get testosterone gel on the NHS, but may have to do it through a menopause clinic as GPs are often not confident in prescribing this. However, they may prescribe for loss of libido. I was offered it by an NHS meno clinic but did not have a blood test beforehand, probably because I had been in surgical menopause for many years, although did have one 2 or 3 months after starting it.

If you decide to go privately you may be offered Androfemme, a testosterone cream specially for women, which is not available on the NHS. The gels are the men's products but you just use a tiny amount.

JP x

Sammiejane

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2020, 07:41:39 PM »

hi ladies

thank you for your comments x

i have menopause tuesday telephone appointment but i do feel to that aswell as tesosterone i may need more estrogen. some days i feel quite emotional still i don't cry but overthink worries and upset all at the same time if i start doing something i forget about it and we have had warm weather where i am and have had couple flushes at night my mouth dryer LP worse in mouth and guess this is due to progesterone possibly drying my vagina out to x but then is also plausible that swapping the gel to my arms from thighs is not helping as well with VA even though obsorbing better on arms x
i just feel fed up today with HRT and to top it all off i?m now loosing more hair not loads more but i?m noticing it i just give up . i only ever started hrt for watery discharge in vagina and has stopped flushes but not that and now have lost half hair volume gained stone and half lost my husband adding progesterone in has helped but i feel i need more estrogen x