Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti (Scared to take it)  (Read 1726 times)

Pinkwindsor21

Evorel Conti (Scared to take it)
« on: April 05, 2020, 01:54:11 PM »

Hello,

I'm 52 and haven't had a period since last July. I haven't had huge menopausal symptoms, maybe sleeplessness, a few night sweats and really painful boobs and nipples in particular. This week (Possibly triggered by the Coronavirus situation) my anxiety, and irritability is absolutely terrible. I have huge crying episodes too. I also feeling overwhelming exhausted.

Having had a few low periods in my life with depression and anxiety, I am really scared to take Evorel Conti (I have tried patches before but they bought me out in a rash) in case my anxiety and mood just get worse.  :'(

Any advise or reassurance would be most grateful.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Evorel Conti (Scared to take it)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 02:59:35 PM »

Hi!  I've taken anti-depressant medication since 1988 and worried each time when I had to change tablets whether it would make me feel worse  :-\ but as long as I didn't feel sick, I managed.

What do you expect to happen? 

Exhaustion may be due to thyroid function problems or low VitD levels.  We shouldn't blame everything on2 menopause.  That's nearly a year without a bleed, long may it last but be aware that sometimes: the ovaries have a kick and a period appears  >:( or they kick slightly so symptoms are there but no bleed  >:( >:(  ::)

We are all in a state of flux with this C-19 situation especially with the Government altering almost on a daily basis what we ought to be doing/not.  Which symptom would you like to ease first?

Maybe put the product name into the search box and see what pops up: make notes ;-)

:welcomemm:

Pinkwindsor21

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 05:01:57 PM »

Thank you for your reply  :)

I have already put the product name into the search box and the word anxiety accompanies most replies.

I really don't think it's the current situation as my boobs are so painful!  :(  It's interesting though that symptoms can arrive but no bleed! It's exactly how I feel although it's been worse than when I had my actual periods!!

Really trying to work through this before ripping open the box of HRT!!

robotwars

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 07:21:50 PM »

Just to say im on week 8 of evorel conti patches, my GP recommended holding patch and shaking it before you put it on and surprisingly I have had no reaction to the patches!!! Like you I felt so sad, moods awful, bad VA, aches, hot flushes and so far no hot flushes, mood has improved not as bad as I was I have good and bad days now, VA is a lot better. I just wanted to wish you luck and hope you feel better soon

Pinkwindsor21

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 04:38:46 PM »

Thank you so much robotwars....Sounds so similar!! That's a handy tip that your GP gave you  :)

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 05:30:03 PM »

Thank you for your reply  :)

I have already put the product name into the search box and the word anxiety accompanies most replies.

I really don't think it's the current situation as my boobs are so painful!  :(  It's interesting though that symptoms can arrive but no bleed! It's exactly how I feel although it's been worse than when I had my actual periods!!

Really trying to work through this before ripping open the box of HRT!!
I have been using Evorel Conti for nearly a year and haven't had any problems with anxiety at all. It has helped my VA by supplementing Vagifem. You may get some bleeding but this is normal in the 1st 6 months.

Pinkwindsor21

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 12:30:44 PM »

Thank you! I guess it doesn't help that I'm cooped up with my husband who is annoying me just by being in the same room!  ;D

Katejo

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 05:40:59 PM »

Thank you! I guess it doesn't help that I'm cooped up with my husband who is annoying me just by being in the same room!  ;D
Now that is one thing which you can't blame on Evorel Conti ! 😁

Pinkwindsor21

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2020, 11:28:48 AM »

Well, that was a shock! It seems that everything was due to my period which started yesterday!!  ???

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2020, 11:42:18 AM »

:o .............

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2020, 07:01:21 PM »

Hello,

I'm 52 and haven't had a period since last July. I haven't had huge menopausal symptoms, maybe sleeplessness, a few night sweats and really painful boobs and nipples in particular. This week (Possibly triggered by the Coronavirus situation) my anxiety, and irritability is absolutely terrible. I have huge crying episodes too. I also feeling overwhelming exhausted.

Having had a few low periods in my life with depression and anxiety, I am really scared to take Evorel Conti (I have tried patches before but they bought me out in a rash) in case my anxiety and mood just get worse.  :'(

Any advise or reassurance would be most grateful.

Hi Pinkwindsor21

:welcomemm:

Well, that was a shock! It seems that everything was due to my period which started yesterday!!  ???

Wel at least you know what the reason for your symptoms was!

However, this means that you are not post-menopausal and will have to start counting 12 months again until you do become post-meno. That being the case you could still try the Evorel conti but if your periods have decided to come back for a few more goes then you could get breakthrough bleeding at unpredictable times. However the equivalent preparation for peri-menopause is Evorel sequi.

If you actually have the Evorel conti patches then you could ask for Evorel 50 which makes Evorel sequi (2 weeks of Evorel 50 followed by two weeks of Evorel conti). You would then get a monthly withdrawal bleed like a period. However it would tell you whether you tolerated the progestogen part of the patch, which is the part associated with the anxiety (oestrogen is the uplifting feel good hormone :) ), and then if you were OK on it and didn;t want a withdrawal bleed - you could go onto the conti and hope you are soon post-meno?

Does that make sense?

Hurdity x

Pinkwindsor21

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2020, 12:11:06 PM »

I tried the Evorel 50 last year but seemed to have a bit of a reaction to the patch itself, while not feeling any different.  My GP also decided to go against his colleagues advice of putting me on HRT in the first place!  :(  SO, back I recently trotted to the GP and I was prescribed the Conti. I am so confused about the different types now  ???

My period is extremely heavy and the build up lasted a couple of weeks!