Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Restrictions to lockdown? England ?  (Read 5382 times)

Padine

Re: Restrictions to lockdown? England ?
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2020, 05:31:22 PM »

I meant to say Scotland's open only for phone orders, not to customers; the delivery was always free previously. Good for them if they want to make a bit of extra ???.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2020, 05:42:36 PM »

I expect that the products have gone up from the whole saleors ....... [SP] so they are passing it on to the customers.  Our locals have a ?30+ ordering policy.

Dorothy

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2020, 04:52:24 PM »

Garden Centres are open in Scotland. My husband ordered compost 3 weeks go (from local place), he was only charged for what he bought. He ordered more last week and they charged us ?6 delivery........hmm...........ripping off the customer, but no more orders from them.

I ordered some compost and veg plants from my local garden centre last week - they said the delivery charge was ?5 for local addresses, more if further afield.  As I'm less than a mile from the centre, and only about 10 houses nearer to it than I am, I foolishly assumed my charge would be ?5.  They charged me ?15.  Guess where I won't be going back to as soon as lockdown lifts?!!

Can't help thinking it's daft timing to alter lockdown immediately after a bank holiday though, as they are not going to know if any disease spike is due to the alteration or to people breaking the rules at the weekend.  I was working Friday afternoon and drove home past half a dozen front gardens crammed with people partying - ok, maybe each garden contained one household, but in that case, there are an awful lot of 2 bedroom bungalows which have 15 people living in them...

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2020, 06:35:53 PM »

Ring the garden centre and ask?  No good worrying on here .........

People are allowed to keep a distance whilst on their walks ;-) and if it means accepting a scone/Prosecco/coffee ......

Sparrow

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2020, 02:43:43 PM »

This makes at much sense as the real thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCAYb9J_w_o

Hurdity

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2020, 07:14:31 PM »

Hurdity

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2020, 07:15:01 PM »

IThe traffic coming into London this morning was dreadful.

From first hand experience?

Hurdity x

Katejo

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2020, 07:55:55 PM »

IThe traffic coming into London this morning was dreadful.

From first hand experience?

Hurdity x
I was in Central London today after a medical appt. Not many pedestrians but more cars than I had hoped to see.

Machair

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2020, 08:08:45 PM »

Hi Katejo- Did you use the tube and was it busy? Did you wear a mask and was everyone wearing one? I was going to make an appointment for my scan, but one of my neighbours has Covid 19 so am reluctant yet to make the journey into London. Hope to book it in the next few weeks. The mainline trains from where I live are also very unpredictable and I need to see them become reliable and dependable first as it is hard to judge times to leave, especially as there is nowhere to wait in the area I am going to.

Good luck on Thursday xx

Katejo

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2020, 11:03:01 PM »

Hi Katejo- Did you use the tube and was it busy? Did you wear a mask and was everyone wearing one? I was going to make an appointment for my scan, but one of my neighbours has Covid 19 so am reluctant yet to make the journey into London. Hope to book it in the next few weeks. The mainline trains from where I live are also very unpredictable and I need to see them become reliable and dependable first as it is hard to judge times to leave, especially as there is nowhere to wait in the area I am going to.

Good luck on Thursday xx
  Hi Machair. Yes I did take the tube on tuesday and today but didn't put the mask on because my line was very quiet and I could easily sit apart from other passengers. I did have to wear one inside the hospital. It was a requirement. I was tested for Covid on Tuesday but fortunately negative or I wouldn't have been allowed back for the op.

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2020, 12:19:39 PM »

I worry about staff moving from care/nursing home to another care home due to not being paid enough ........

Why is it OK for staff to come and go from Care Homes but 1 can't live with your lover/husband who happened to be separated at the time of lock down  :-\ ............. to make meeting husband/wife illegal by passing yet another State of Emergency Law, really feels like 1935 onwards  :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3]