Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Easter 2020  (Read 3205 times)

Yorkshire Girl

Re: Easter 2020
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2020, 06:28:55 PM »

Our police force have only been driving around checking on parks etc, hardly see them. Have been very impressed on their handling of the situation more education than anything else.

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2020, 07:27:02 PM »

So - no police in evidence where you are: but here they are using drones, helicopters, un-marked cars, word of mouth. 

I would never consider sending Easter eggs ...... so easily broken in the post: have you seen how Royal Mail treats the mail?  >:(.  It's a wonder anything gets delivered and in some areas Royal Mail are on strike due to having to work too closely together, siting it's against the Law - in the sorting offices they are shoulder to shoulder ........ so the eggs may arrive late. Don't despair.  Yet.

Thanks! Nor would I though CLKD! Come on credit me with more sense than that. Overpackaged, flimsy, overpriced chos eggs by post? Of course they would disintegrate  ;D . I sent flat boxes of chocs and truffles in hard boxes sent in (reused) padded envelopes als wrapped in extra bubble wrap ( well the cardboard variety, also reused!).

Thanks Hurdity. I am the same as you. Easter Sunday is usually a fab day where all three children and their partners descend for a day of fun and food plus the tradition of hiding all of the eggs around the house. I ordered some eggs which were delivered amazingly. Well packaged and all intact. Sorry yours haven't made it yet but it is very hot and miss and they'll know you tried! The rest of the eggs are here for when we can once again meet and actually hug and laugh together again.

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter Day wherever you are.

Taz x  :)

Taz I think if you ordered them online they would probably be sent better - but I left it too late and the places that did it had all sold out! We didn't used to do the hunt but have always done painted eggs so we showed off our efforts on a family Zoom session this morning...

Lockdown means different things depending on where you live doesn't it?

Picnicking in country lanes sounds quite pleasant.

Yes it is stellajane - and I am well aware of that. I know some people hate the idea of living in the stix but it has its merits at times like this (well I love it all the time). We were actually up on a hill by a trig point for our sandwich, only walking along the tarmac lanes some of the time and track type lanes and paths the rest of the time. Barely saw a soul - just a couple of people near the village, a girl with a dog, and a family, also 1 cyclist, and that was in three hours!! As long as there are good city parks nearby then at least most people can get out into the air, as long as not isolating.

Gin?! We also had a drink (G and T's for us!)over family Zoom just after 6 pm too so said cheers to each other. Then wine with our roast lamb later ::)

Hope everyone had a lovely day :)

Hurdity x

Lanzalover

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2020, 07:28:43 PM »

[ I wouldn't consider gin in the house]

Good job you don't live in this house CLKD 😂

Lanzalover x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2020, 08:34:50 PM »

May I have your empty bottles to display  ;D

I bet someone recognised what you had packed then Hurdity  ;D - I suppose that they may arrive but the packages may be opened.   As for picnics in the countryside, it is currently against the Law.  Doesn't matter how deeply into the countryside, it is illegal. 

Ju Ju

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2020, 10:35:46 PM »

That's the first I've heard of picnics in the country being banned, CLKD! So no fuelling up when you are out and about? Really? So eating is against the law when you are in the country. Well that would certainly solve the obesity problem in this country!  ;D

I feel privileged to live in the country. I grew up in a town and hated it. We had holidays in the country and I knew that is what I wanted as a child. it's like a weight lifts from my shoulders when I near home. We are lucky that we have walks in any direction here, but are avoiding pathways where you can't keep a distance from others. However there is an unmade road near here, which is safe to walk along, few cars and easy to keep a distance from anyone you meet. I'm having to stay indoors at the moment though as the high pollen count is affecting my breathing. So no walkies for me!

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2020, 08:22:41 AM »

Well according to the Law one is not supposed to stop when out unless in a queue to buy essentials.  No one can decide what essentials might be though.

People are not allowed to congregate nor be in groups of more than 2, unless they are family members

1 is allowed to exercise but must keep moving: in some places tow paths have been closed to everyone: jogging has been stopped in case a person falls and needs hospital treatment, cycling has been stopped for the same reason. 

It was all over the TV on Friday and Sat. filmed by journalists .........

The Police are moving people on: even when they sit alone in a Park with no one else around.   :-\ - sunbathing is now illegal under the State of Emergency Laws. 

I have trawled to find up-2-date info but all the websites have conflicting advice  :-\ ......... even to the point of suggesting that moving house is still allowed when in fact, it was banned 3 weeks ago.  Off to look further ;-)

What are people planning for 2 day, I will take my decorations down.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 08:28:18 AM by CLKD »

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2020, 08:34:02 AM »

well I haven't got all day  ;D  ::)

Government Bill documents ? Coronavirus Act 2020 - goes on and on and ............ each. Bill in a separate PDF .

Taz2

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2020, 08:51:16 AM »

Where do you get your info from CLKD? I've seen nothing that says cycling and jogging are banned? A one hour cycle ride, walk, run or jog is THE exercise that's been recommended?

Taz  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2020, 08:53:51 AM »

In some built up areas Police are stopping cycling and jogging, it was all over the news yesterday, almost on a roll  ::).  We heard one officer telling the public that it's walking only to avoid accidents which would take up hospital time. 

A drone was flown over our village yesterday, talk about Big Brother  :-\

Hurdity

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2020, 11:18:46 AM »

As far as I understand there are no laws about stopping when you are out exercising nor is there any time length specified, although the amount of time out is supposed to be minimised. I presume there may well be local guidelines for specific places notably parks in cities where the population density is higher, in order to maintain social distancing and ensure that there is sufficient space available to all.

It is not law, just guidance. In the open countryside away from honeypot sites and beauty spots, then of course you can walk all day if you want, sit down and have a "picnic" by yourself or with your household, ie grab a bite of lunch while out walking, because there may well be no-one else around. The aim is social distancing so there is no breach of any guidelines and it is a question of what is reasonable.

Even in towns if you wanted to I presume you could walk around for a couple of hours. I'm sure though if lots of others are doing it you might not want to spend that time breathing their slipstream or potentially infecting them as you pass, but even in built-up in areas of lower population density there isn't a legal time limit, just that it should be minimised. (with the exception of some local guidance). eg GLC has said that sunbathing and picnicking in London parks is not permitted. Still not against the law though. But police do have the pwoers to fine people if they think social distancing guidelines are not being followed.

Hurdity x

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2020, 04:01:40 PM »

There is no law to stop picnics, I've seen people having lunch on my walks but they are always sitting away from the path. There is also no law stopping you from jogging or cycling nor on the length of time you're allowed out, but then I live in the countryside.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2020, 04:17:55 PM »

So under which guidelines are people being stopped in the Cities ?

I have decided to have a piece of Easter egg chocolate for pudding ;-)

Taz2

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2020, 08:31:35 PM »

In some built up areas Police are stopping cycling and jogging, it was all over the news yesterday, almost on a roll  ::).  We heard one officer telling the public that it's walking only to avoid accidents which would take up hospital time. 

A drone was flown over our village yesterday, talk about Big Brother  :-\

You are permitted to jog, run, cycle etc. but only either on your own or with members of your household. People found to be breaking this sensible and necessary rule were told to go home. The use of a drone may seem Big Brotherish to you but it's trying to protect both you and the NHS workers from an early death.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2020, 08:55:40 AM »

I enjoyed my chocolate last night  :-* - half an egg to chew my way through ...... slowly  :D
Pages: 1 [2]