Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: Hospitals are not allowing visitors (social distancing and masks)  (Read 32120 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Masks
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2020, 11:22:13 AM »

It is why the NHS over-all is short of money and equipment.  Because it's a throw away society!

Barnacle

« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2020, 01:09:11 PM »

Is anyone making scrubs for their local hospital? - a few of my friends are but I'm no good at all at that sort of thing.

Taz x

My DC's school are making visors in the DT department, but have run out of materials. They have made over 700 so far.

CLKD

« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2020, 03:47:45 PM »

As well as removing it when talking to others?

CLKD

« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2020, 04:40:39 PM »

Someone said to me :This Virus started in China where they wear masks :  :-\

Sparrow

« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2020, 06:40:49 AM »

From what I understand the only benefit of wearing mask is to prevent infecting others, if you yourself are unwell.  If that's the case you should not be out and about anyway.

Katejo

« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2020, 07:22:04 AM »

From what I understand the only benefit of wearing mask is to prevent infecting others, if you yourself are unwell.  If that's the case you should not be out and about anyway.
Yes but also if you are asymptomatic or infected but not showing any symptoms yet. That said, I really don't want to wear one. Prefer to keep my distance from others but I can see them becoming compulsory.

Sparrow

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2020, 07:44:21 AM »

Yes but also if you are asymptomatic or infected but not showing any symptoms yet. That said, I really don't want to wear one. Prefer to keep my distance from others but I can see them becoming compulsory.

Doesn't mask wearing create another set of problems though.  If they are as an ineffective barrier, as has been reported, they won't reduce infection.  Also they make people more relaxed about keeping to the two metre rule.   Can't see them helping myself.

Katejo

« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2020, 12:47:06 PM »

I'll wear one on public transport (albeit just to give myself a false sense of security), otherwise (and where I need to see without steaming up) probably not!

They're going to have to put a lot more trains and buses on if we're going to abide by the distancing rules aren't they?
Only once the lockdown is relaxed. We shouldn't be travelling now. I have just heard that Germany is making masks compulsory on public transport but also that Angela Merkel is warning against relaxing lockdown too much and too quickly.

CLKD

« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2020, 03:40:05 PM »

So how will opening the Tube work then? 

CLKD

« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2020, 05:37:29 PM »

Nor me. 

Katejo

« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2020, 06:42:50 PM »

So how will opening the Tube work then?
It isn't closed now because NHS workers and other essential workers have to get to work. I haven't been on it since March 20th so don't know how many are still using it now.

CLKD

« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2020, 06:48:26 PM »

Tnx.  Wonder how many have been affected by travelling this way?

Sparrow

« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2020, 07:29:48 AM »

I was listening to a programme on Radio 4 last night, called More or Less. It was about any numbers connected to the virus and in particular infection rates.  Apparently NHS staff have the same infection rate as the general population, but for London Bus drivers it has been much, much higher. Hence passengers now have to get on and off via the middle doors.

Sparrow

« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2020, 10:28:48 AM »

I only caught the tail end of the programme, but I may listen to all of it on Sounds today. 

Every shop seems to be doing things differently.  My son went into M&S Foods, for the first time since Lock down (I go in a lot), and remarked how much safer he felt in there than other supermarkets.  Have to agree.

Sparrow

« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2020, 10:48:14 AM »

Ah, only short or no queues at ours.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23