Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23

Author Topic: Hospitals are not allowing visitors (social distancing and masks)  (Read 32131 times)

Tc

Re: Masks
« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2020, 11:57:47 AM »

I notice people touching their faces to adjust mask.  Very thing we shouldnt do.  I dont even touch my glasses until I can wash or gel my hands.  So I'm trying to do my shopping with steamed up glasses!!!! I've been using the surgical masks which i throw away. The quality on this batch isnt as good as last even though they came from same company. They tear very easily. And i think I'm allergic to them which i wasnt with last batch. Xx

bear

« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2020, 04:23:03 PM »

Hi girls,

Last WHO recommendation is a 3 layer fabric mask. Outer - synthetic fluid resistant like polyester or polyester blend , Middle - polypropylene, Inner - cotton.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/question-and-answers-hub/q-a-detail/q-a-on-covid-19-and-masks

BeaR.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2020, 04:56:29 PM »

:thankyou:

CLKD

« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2020, 12:28:23 PM »

QE II, King's Lynn , require masks [see local BBC news]

Sparrow

« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2020, 01:19:25 PM »

Where's BeaR gone???

CLKD

« Reply #155 on: June 10, 2020, 03:43:42 PM »

What's that got to do with masks  :-\

Sparrow

« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2020, 03:47:40 PM »

What's that got to do with masks  :-\

Nothing.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2020, 04:01:38 PM »

She only pops on periodically. ( BeaR) .

Sparrow

« Reply #158 on: June 10, 2020, 04:04:48 PM »

It's okay JD, I noticed her name had gone black.

I have since heard from her and she has left due to pressing family commitments.

CLKD

Re: social distancing and masks
« Reply #159 on: June 17, 2020, 02:38:02 PM »

Been to a huge shopping warehouse this afternoon

Most of us didn't bother with masks/gloves.  Those that did hadn't a clue about how they should be worn  >:( especially the two Pakistani lads aged about 11 and 15.  They were charging about with masks round their chins and one pushed into the same chiller cabinet as I was picking up chicken from  >:(.  No 'excuse me' or distancing ......... elbowed me in order to pick up 1 pack of chicken. Almost like he either coulnl'dt be bothered to be polite or had no idea of the new rules.  There were 3 chillers with the same items, I had chosen the end one due to keeping out of the way!

Several had masks on but were lifting them up/down ....... although we have been told not to touch our faces  :-\ ........

I think a letter to the Manager is in order?  It was interesting that the ethnic groups had no distancing at all, some were picking up items and putting them back.  We didn't wear gloves or masks but had sanitiser which we used all the way round, trollies were being wiped between customers. 

It was difficult to keep out of the way and thankfully it wasn't nearly as busy as usual. 

DH was watching the Youth Football Team last night.  Supposedly 9 should turn up each evening for training, he counted 28 as well as coaches.  Hi-fiving, hugging, slapping palms ........... and the coaches said nowt.  Where were the parents?  It's like a creche for young people, whereas we don't allow under 18s 2 be without a parent or guardian.

There will be a stern letter to the Manager of the Sports Club, we have had to produce a safety report relative to what our Governing Body insist upon in order to get Insurance cover. 

Taz2

« Reply #160 on: June 17, 2020, 03:03:34 PM »

There's no way I would go to a "huge shopping warehouse" at the moment.  :-\

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #161 on: June 17, 2020, 03:05:35 PM »

Needs must and I expected much more discipline with Staff reminding shoppers to maintain rules.  I was really annoyed about the lack of Staff at the end of each aisle  :-\

Sparrow

« Reply #162 on: June 17, 2020, 04:01:30 PM »

I think a letter to the Manager is in order?  It was interesting that the ethnic groups had no distancing at all, some were picking up items and putting them back.  We didn't wear gloves or masks but had sanitiser which we used all the way round, trollies were being wiped between customers. 

CLKD, do you know what 'passive racism' is.  If not perhaps you should look it up.  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #163 on: June 17, 2020, 07:28:57 PM »

I'm not worried particularly because I turned my face.  It's the rudeness that makes me SO cross ....... we saw it with 2 English men who were working in the store on electrics who barged past a customer wearing his mask who was waiting to pay for his good.  The 2 men could have used an aisle set aside for work force  :(.  The Staff didn't seem to see the situation: they are probably used to it: but it was noted in the queue behind us with people sighing.   

The warehouse is HUGE!  I look at the goods stacked high on pallets and think 'can we really get through ALL that!'  ::)

No masks necessary, which protect others not the wearer.  Nor gloves.  Interesting that the most mask wearers were from China and Korea and weren't fidgeting with their coverings where as the others kept lifting theirs up and down.  I touch my face a lot due to an underlying itch and have to remind myself to try not to. 

I also find it of interest that clothing was being picked up/down and there wasn't anyone to advise shoppers or remove those items from the aisles.  So may be this is an area that should be looked at in more depth as the catering trade in our area is in the main multi-ethnic based: does anyone yet know how long C-19 lives on cloth? or books ? or ..........  [Chinese, Lebanese, Korean, Portuguese, Italian, French, Polish, Caribeen.  I love browsing the markets but will avoid those until the New Year].

costco is an American Company with top range food stuffs, mainly for the catering industry .  We have been Members for years and usually shop there 3/4 times a year.  Mainly for meat: Scottish bred mince and steak; chicken, sugar, kitchen roll, 'kleenex', knickers, socks, books, hand wash ......... we have space to store it all. 

Now the UK government is suggesting that distancing can be dropped next week  :-\.  Any one know why exactly after all the fuss that's been made over keeping away from others?  I love it when people keep out of my space ;-) especially when I'm shopping. 

CLKD

« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2020, 07:36:46 PM »

CLKD, do you know what 'passive racism' is.  If not perhaps you should look it up.  >:(

What would you say to me across the table in a Pub then?  The area in which I live is HUGELY ethnically diverse.  One cannot get away from the fact.  I have worked with many nationalities over the years from across the World :-).  A geography lesson without needing to travel   ;)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23