Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23

Author Topic: Hospitals are not allowing visitors (social distancing and masks)  (Read 32128 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Masks
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2020, 09:21:32 AM »

Why single use ?  All that going into land fill  :-\.  They are to protect others, not the wearer.  I would be tempted to wash mine ;-)

littleminnie

« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2020, 05:11:29 PM »

I shopped in M&S Food yesterday, and they were selling packs of 3 single use masks.

Ooooh how much?

Sparrow

« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2020, 05:21:37 PM »

I shopped in M&S Food yesterday, and they were selling packs of 3 single use masks.

Ooooh how much?

Sorry, I don't know. I only spotted them on the way out.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 06:26:41 PM by Shadyglade »

Kathleen

« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2020, 05:48:11 PM »

Hello ladies

I don't usually wear a mask but yesterday I had some blood tests so I wore a mask and gloves to the surgery. It was uncomfortably hot under the mask and my hands were so sweaty the gloves  were sticking to me. I feel sorry for the people having to work wearing them. As you all know, the paper surgical masks are single use and become damp after about three hours.

My husband ordered our masks online from a supplier in London and they were reasonably priced and arrived promptly. I found disposable gloves in a motor repair shop, they had a range of sizes and came in boxes of a hundred. Apparently car mechanics wear them to keep their hands clean.

Take care ladies.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2020, 06:05:04 PM »

Full PPE is almost impossible to work in.  My Dentist has trialled it and told me it is very uncomfortable, plus communication is very difficult.  The Care staff where Mum lives are in full behind the face masks ..........

CLKD

« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2020, 06:38:06 PM »

What type of gloves?  Meths is a good cleanser or hand wash over 75% alcohol.  Marigolds should take a good few wipes with Meths ;-)

getting_old

« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2020, 08:24:24 PM »

Had to wear a mask to an appointment this morning. I'd made my own from a tshirt, and it did get quite sweaty, so I really do feel for those who have to wear it to work. Anyone else see this https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8339101/Nurse-disciplined-wearing-lingerie-PPE-gown-Russia.html

CLKD

« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2020, 10:38:27 AM »

Horse.  Stable door.  Bolted .............

Why the change of WHO advice? 

3 layers?  Provided by who exactly?  I will be 55 for many years to come  ;D

Two hoots

« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2020, 11:43:26 AM »

Our first minister was asked about wearing masks on public transport in Wales, his answers sum up why Im ashamed he's In charge. He stated that people with breathing problems like asthma find it difficult to use masks, should people with breathing problems really be using public transport ? If you are on a long journey you wouldn't be able to eat or drink, sorry ladies but don't go on any long journeys in England on public transport you will starve and be dehydrated when you get to your destination, Unless you come into Wales when you can tear off your mask and eat and drink all you want  ::) ::)

He is considering what our policy will be, he dithers and wont make decisions unless forced, before he got the job he publicly stated he didnt want it  :-[

CLKD

« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2020, 11:49:51 AM »

Morning.  I have to wonder how ill Boris was ........ many people have taken months to even begin walking again and some have had to withdraw from working due to feeling tired++ etc..

On my way Two Hoots ......... my point has been since the last announcement, is that those with asthma shouldn't be on public transport.  It will take a brave person to ask me my age  :argue: :poke2: :kick:   8)

Two hoots

« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2020, 11:54:31 AM »

Your as old as your tongue and a bit older than your teeth  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2020, 12:00:26 PM »

:lol:  your Mum read that too then  :D

I'm off to buy a burka.

Two hoots

« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2020, 12:47:56 PM »

:lol:  your Mum read that too then  :D

I'm off to buy a burka.

My gran used to say it when I asked how old she was, she was a little old lady who always wore a hat when she went out. When I look at old photos of her with me when I was a little girl she looked old, unfortunately Im not far off her age in the photos now  :o

Two hoots

« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2020, 01:15:22 PM »

The worst thing is when someone says ?how old do I look? ?  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #134 on: June 06, 2020, 02:03:45 PM »

:rofl:  "How old would you like me to believe that you are?"  ;)

My Grans always wore hats - never went shopping without that.  Paternal Grandma had a morning hat, gloves and bag and an afternoon hat, gloves and bag ;-) did things proper she did  8)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23