Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hello new here .... very worried, advice please  (Read 2371 times)

Gem2

Hello new here .... very worried, advice please
« on: April 02, 2020, 09:42:38 PM »

Hello I am 48 and have had odd symptoms for the last few weeks. I have health anxiety and so am thinking the worst. Ive not had a period in over 2 years and am definitely post meno. It started with pelvic niggles which went off after a couple of days then I had
bloating for 2 days. I then started with indigestion that lasted for a week. This then went and I started getting excessive white discharge. I've always had discharge but this has got very heavy, to the point I have to use tissue in my underwear ... sorry TMI. I now have got tenderness back in my pelvic area which aches more when walking and seems worse on left side. I was told I had a prolapse after the birth of my second child and thought it may be this so have started doing pelvic floors again. This has helped the ache slightly but I still have the discharge. These symptoms have coincided with my hot flushes and sleeplessness stopping,strangely. I also, for the last few months, have had on and off extremely itchy vulva, to the point that the skin would split. My boobs have also become sore again, something I've not had for a long time.
My HA has gone into overdrive and I'm thinking this is ovarian cancer. I know I need to go to the doctors but don't think I'll be able to get an apt at the moment with everything going on. Any advice would be greatly received.

Gem2

Re: Hello new here .... very worried, advice please
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 06:57:26 AM »

Morning, if anybody could offer their advice, knowledge, I'd be so grateful. Thanks

Dierdre

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 07:40:35 AM »

Hi Gem2, if it wasn't for the fact you hadnt had a period for the last 2 years, id say you were ovulating and this was hormonal. It has been known to have a rogue last fling ovalation but not common.  I had one after being period free for 18 months. The itching and split skin could be the start of vaginal atropy but you need to get any infection or thrush ruled out first, so at some point a doctors or nurse appointment will be needed.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 08:41:36 AM »

Sorry that you got lost in the melee  :welcomemm:

HORMONES  >:(  ::) the ovaries can continue blipping without a bleed which may be the cause of the discharge.

Do read our threads about vaginal atrophy.  Make notes ;-).  As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out - scalp, skin, vagina, legs, nostrils, deep in the ears ...... 4 me it was my insteps, OK all day until I took off socks to step into my evening bath.

There are two prescriptions that the GP can give for VA, either 'ovestin' or 'vagifem', both work by inserting into the vagina at night for 2 weeks then a couple of times a week ........ some ladies find that 'sylc' and 'yes' products are useful too.  There will be threads for these if you put the names into the search box.

Nothing on this Forum is TMI or silly !

Gem2

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 09:34:16 AM »

Thanks so much for replying both. Is the discharge the most worrying thing here? I managed to get a call with gp this morning and she suggested a CA125 blood test which I've just been and had. Of course brain going into overdrive  ... she said she would normally send me for scan but obviously all routine scans stopped at mo. If my blood test comes back high she will send me for urgent scan which are still happening.

Gem2

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 09:27:28 AM »

Morning everyone. Sorry been stressing madly over this. Could this be a final hormone surge as you mentioned as it has happened as my hot flushes have stopped? Just looking for some less sinister reason...has anybody else had this 'final fling' with these sort of symptoms? Thinking also there could be 2 things going on here, and tgst prolapse has worsened for some reason as i can feel this more and ive read that you can have increased discharge with prolapse?? Thanks again everyone, any ideas would be fab xx

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 11:18:07 AM »

I think many have a final fling and they take is as 'normal'.  My periods waxed and waned for years  ::)

Why has your GP ordered that specific test, did she say?  How long B4 results are back?

Gem2

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2020, 11:24:21 AM »

Thanks for getting back. She said normally she would send me for a routine scan but they are unable to at moment due to virus, as only accepting urgent referrals. She said only other thing she could do, as couldnt examine me, was a blood test. I was told possibly Tuesday x

Gem2

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2020, 11:51:21 AM »

Thanks Birdy. No not thrush, I've suffered in the past and not like that at all, the discharge is thin egg white, no itching etc. I think i do probably have start of VA too tho. X

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2020, 02:47:53 PM »

It's mucus which some have a lot of I rarely saw it ...........

Give the surgery a ring in the morning and ask for vaginal atrophy treatment.  It won't do any harm to do 3-4 weeks treatment.

Gem2

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2020, 03:33:26 PM »

Thank you. I will do and just praying my bloods come back normal x

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2020, 04:17:13 PM »

Let us know how you get on !

Gem2

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2020, 07:19:24 AM »

Thanks both x

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2020, 11:47:29 AM »

Yep.  I don't have a discharge with VA because it was so dry up there  >:(  ::)

Dierdre

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2020, 07:58:27 AM »

Whenever i had clear, like egg white diischarge i was ovulating.  This could explain why your hot flushes etc have stopped if you've had a surge of hormones. You are only 48 so could be having this still.  The discharge i had from VA was thin and waterey not thick like egg white. I also read years ago you can still ovulate for a while after your periods have finished without a bleed. I always used to feel my ovalation every month, it was painful, so when i got this pelvic pain after finishing my my periods, i was surprised and looked it up.  I know someone who went 2 years and had a period, was tested to be fine. Correct if im wrong but didnt the deadline years ago used to be 2 years, not just 1 year and then youre post meno?
Pages: [1] 2