Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Need help with my estrogen and progesterone results  (Read 718 times)

ladylollipop

Need help with my estrogen and progesterone results
« on: June 10, 2020, 10:35:28 AM »

Hello, I have just tested my estrogen and progesterone . The results are:

Estrogen: 43 pg/ ml
Progesterone: 0,8 ng / ml

What do you think? Iam on HRT for nearly 2 years. Should the  estrogen not be higher?

Best wishes
Lady Lollipop

Tc

Re: Need help with my estrogen and progesterone results
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 11:41:04 AM »

Hiya ladylolipop. It depends on the lab range.  It should have it on your results form. Going by my lab range your result would be just within the post meno range. But other lab ranges it might be different.   

Also depends if you are still in peri as eastrogen levels will fluctuate.

Sorry I cant answer about progesterone.  They dont  test me for it as I'm post meno.

Overall.  It depends on how you feel.  Some of us need higher levels to combat symptoms than others.

Xx

ladylollipop

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 11:52:27 AM »

Thanks for your answer. Iam postmeno too. In another thread I found that pg is in England converted to pm( x3,67) that would mean around 157pml which seems to be low according to what I read in this forum.
Best wishes
Lady Lollipop

Tc

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 12:49:18 PM »

You are correct about the conversion to pmol.

The charts I've found online vary . Some say post meno <30pgml some say <40 and lot of variations in between.  Not very helpful is it?

But I think I understand where your thoughts are.  As I felt the same.  Even if we take the higher figure of <40pgml you are  only just above that.  I was the same.  I had levels of 150 pmol too and I had expected HRT to at least take me a bit more above what I might expect without it.

It depends why you are taking HRT.  For instance levels need to be higher than that to afford bone protection and if that is a concern I think you should maybe raise it with your doc.  Some women feel o.k  with this sort of level.  I personally dont.  So it depends how you feel symptom wise.  If you feel you arent controlled then maybe could you look at an increase? 

May I ask what HRT you are on?   In my experience absorption can vary from different methods.

Progesterone wise.  I was told blood levels are  not relevant post meno. Xxx

ladylollipop

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 02:34:05 PM »

Hello Tc, thank you for your answer. I take Fem7 mono patches ( because Fem7sequi isn't available) and add for 14 days progesterone orally. Yes, I thought the estrogen should be higher. I also take venlafaxine because the patch doesn't help my anxiety and agitation. These are my main menopause problems. So I don't know if I should go higher with the patches. Luckily one of my oldest friends is a gynecologist and he knows these hormon stuff very well. Will see what he is going to suggest.

A hug from Germany
Lady Lollipop

Tinacros

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 06:02:28 PM »

I am in the same boat. I'm post meno and am currently taking 0.5/2.5 femoston conti. Had bloods and they were 111... that was whilst taking the conti. I feel like I am mithering the gp at the moment. I have got oestrogel/ utrogestan upstairs but every time I try the gel I go really dizzy. That's just on one pump. I'm sure my oestrogen needs to be higher. I'm 52 x