Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Continuous hot flushes!  (Read 605 times)

Marshabookworm

Continuous hot flushes!
« on: June 05, 2020, 06:16:40 PM »

Hi all, newbie here. Hello to everyone. I'm 46, figured I've been peri for about 4 years, and feel like I've had every symptom known to man. My current one is feeling hot, all the time! My face gets really hot, particularly cheeks. I was on a video call the other day and realised how blotchy I look over my face! My body is usually hot to touch and has been for a long time, my husband loves bedtime in the winter as I'm like a human hot water bottle.

I've noticed the past few weeks my temperature is a bit raised, going up and down, but usually settling around 37.0, although was 37.4 yesterday. Obviously my health anxiety kicks in and gets me worrying that its Covid19 (or worse) but I would assume it would get worse if it is. Can hormones, peri or hot flushes cause fluctuations in body temperature? As I'm not going out much yet and not back at work yet I feel like my life is being overtaken worrying about it. I'm checking my temperature every half hour and walking around with a mini fan going! Does this sound like hot flushes, considering it is mainly face affected?

Thank you for any advice  :)

Hurdity

Re: Continuous hot flushes!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 07:58:18 AM »

Hi marshabookworm

:welcomemm:

I just had a quick look on the web and found a study showing that indeed core body temeprature does rise just before a flush. The study measured women at night https://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(16)58328-9/pdf.

Obviously if you have other symptoms of Covid19 then you should follow guidelines but a slightly raised temperature of itself should not be cause for concern in this regard?

What has your cycle been doing for the past 4 years? This is the best indication of peri-menopause along with age and symptoms.

I don't think checking your temperature every half hour is going to help! If you feel you need to then check morning, middle of the day and evenong. Temperature is always lowest in the morning and highest sometime late afternoon/evening.

My face was always very hot and as I progressed further towards menopause it also used to go blotchy and eventually I got itchy rasied hot spots on my cheeks ugh! They all disappeared once I started hRT so I'm not keen to stop (even though I am in 60's now)!

If the flushes are getting you down or preventing proper sleep then have you thought of HRT, and of course lifestyle measures re weight loss, exercise, diet etc if necessary?

Hurdity x

jaypo

Re: Continuous hot flushes!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 10:35:36 AM »

Hi there and welcome,
I agree with hurdity,taking your temperature too often isn't a good idea,temperatures can go up and down all the time,for different reasons.
I get extremely hot ,especially in the summer when my flushes appear big stylee,hence the reason I love winter so much  ;D I have fans everywhere (the cooling down ones,not people wanting my autograph) a big one by my bed and rechargeable ones(the best kind) in my handbag, I find if you catch a flush before it takes hold you can stop it being a full blown one x