Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Slight bleeding on Evorel Conti  (Read 630 times)

VavaVroomGone

Slight bleeding on Evorel Conti
« on: March 30, 2020, 11:25:26 AM »

I would be very grateful for some advice.

I've been on Evorel Conti since the end of September (so exactly 6 months). For the past few weeks I've had very slight bleeding on occasional days, maybe a couple of times a week -  like a very light period, sometimes barely there (mucusy pinky brown - sorry if tmi) sometimes a bit more.

Obviously I dont want to bother doctors at the moment but should I? Is this something I should be worried about?

I am 60 and my periods stopped about 7 years ago. I had a huge battle to get HRT  but after months of UTI's last summer I consulted a private go who prescribed Everol Conti and my GP is now happy to continue prescribing. I also use Vagifem twice a week.

Katejo

Re: Slight bleeding on Evorel Conti
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 04:24:07 PM »

I would be very grateful for some advice.

I've been on Evorel Conti since the end of September (so exactly 6 months). For the past few weeks I've had very slight bleeding on occasional days, maybe a couple of times a week -  like a very light period, sometimes barely there (mucusy pinky brown - sorry if tmi) sometimes a bit more.

Obviously I dont want to bother doctors at the moment but should I? Is this something I should be worried about?

I am 60 and my periods stopped about 7 years ago. I had a huge battle to get HRT  but after months of UTI's last summer I consulted a private go who prescribed Everol Conti and my GP is now happy to continue prescribing. I also use Vagifem twice a week.
I am 57 and started Evorel Conti last May. Have been on full patches since end of June. The hospital doctors who saw me insisted that it was necessary to have a vaginal scan (to check the endometrial layer) and then a hysteroscopy. I had part of that done in February but it was too painful to have the biopsy as well. They eliminated polyps and fibroids and said it looked healthy but still want me to have the biopsy as a precaution. I had a pre op appointment on March 7th but the actual procedure has now been delayed until I don't know when because of the Corona problems.
I am not too worried. I argued my point (based on a study read) that it was ok to wait until up to a year to see if the bleeding stops naturally. They accepted my point of view but insisted that the NHS rule/red flag  was to check it after 6 months.

I will have to wait until I hear from them but I don't really want a hospital procedure at the moment.  :(  My bleeding is very light and regular just like an old style period.