Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Advice re spotting  (Read 559 times)

SilvaLily

Advice re spotting
« on: March 28, 2020, 05:32:55 PM »

Please can anyone offer advice or reassurance? A bit of background: I am 54 years old and still in peri-menopause. Feb to July 2018 I tried HRT but didn't get on with it and so have been HRT free for well over 18 months. In July 2019 I had two polyps removed after having some odd bouts of bleeding. I had periods in Aug and Sept and then nothing until Jan this year when I had a couple of light periods (I think!). Now since 12 March I've been having regular spotting that doesn't seem to be stopping. Most of the time it is a browny/pinky colour but occasionally looks a little redder with a bit of mucus (sorry for the graphic descriptions). I spoke to the doctor last week who thought it sounded as though it might be my periods spluttering to an end but I still feel a bit anxious about it. The doctor suggested monitoring things for the next few months. Does this kind of thing sound familiar to anyone else?  Thank you all in advance  :)

Machair

Re: Advice re spotting
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 08:41:23 AM »

I would say that maybe when this virus isolation requirements are over it could be a good idea to go for a scan. I had a polyp removed last year and the consultant wants me to have a check scan in the summer as he said they can grow back.

SilvaLily

Re: Advice re spotting
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 06:09:23 PM »

Thank you  :)