Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Lockdown Hairstyles  (Read 8091 times)

stellajane

Lockdown Hairstyles
« on: March 30, 2020, 09:12:52 AM »

I'm aiming for the Elsa from Frozen look, but fear it will end up being a Greta Thunberg!

What about you?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
3rd Lockdown Hairstyles
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 09:14:11 AM »

You read my mind.  I looked in the mirror earlier that thought "When do I begin trimming back the fringe so that I don't look like I have trimmed back the fringe"  ;D

Mine was cut 2 weeks ago. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 05:57:34 PM by CLKD »

Donnadoobie

Re: Lockdown Hairstyles
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 09:23:31 AM »

My fringe was due to be cut before all of this, it will be halfway down my face at the end of this! ;D

Managed to source some hair dye, waiting for it to be delivered this week.  Not ready to go full grey just yet! ;D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 09:27:00 AM by Donnadoobie »

Sparrow

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 09:25:47 AM »

I will trim my fringe, when needed, as I can't bare hair in my eyes.  The rest of it can do its own thing.  Should be interesting.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 09:27:56 AM »

I use nail scissors for my fringe - probably looks like I do when I've finished  :D.  Then the hair gets stuck on the wash basin in the bathroom which makes another job ! Most I pick out with a tissue which goes into the compost so it isn't all wasted and anything longer can go out to the birds for nesting?

Two hoots

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 11:32:37 AM »

I wish I'd had a haircut before this, I'm well on the way to scarecrow  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 11:45:43 AM »

;D. photos  ;D

Ju Ju

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 12:42:10 PM »

I'm so glad that I've already started growing my fringe out. I've given up on it as I've also battled with a cowlicks. I might look better with a fridge, but it always stuck up, so I've decided to let it do it's own thing. Can't be bothered to blow dry or use the hot brush as there is no one to notice. Well DH doesn't notice! I just shove it up in a haphazard bun, if it looks grim.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2020, 12:43:58 PM »

with a fridge  ;D - is that predictive text  :whist:

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2020, 01:28:47 PM »

I have been having my hair in a low  ponytail or plait.  I usually have it high up on my head in a messy bun but as my hair has thinned a lot I am seeing whether having less 'stress? on it will help. 

I haven't worn make up or earrings or any jewellery since lockdown.  I just can't be bothered.  I pull a hat on when I go for my daily walk. 

Salad

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2020, 01:32:04 PM »

it's not the cutting I'm thinking about but that I didn't have my colour done last time I went to hairdressers- might try mascara on it if I feel desperate  :D

Katejo

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2020, 04:10:56 PM »

I wish I'd had a haircut before this, I'm well on the way to scarecrow  ;D
I got in just in time. On my last workday before we closed, I got a text from my hairdresser about their closure the following week. My hair was already annoying me so I hurriedly booked it and went the next day. Got him to cut it shorter than usual because my hair is very fast growing.

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2020, 04:26:56 PM »

I'm not that bothered about my hair it's a chin length bob with a fringe. My hair was due to be cut last week but had been cancelled anyway as my hairdressers was flooded badly end of last month & I hadn't bothered to book with another haridressers.
As hair has grown so much I can just about put it up if it gets annoying and I'm going to cut my fringe as it's getting too long now after 8 weeks, luckily they showed me how on The One Show & there are plenty of videos on You Tube!

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2020, 04:27:49 PM »

But the guy on the 1 Show had the fringe hanging over her face when he had finished  ;D

Two hoots

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2020, 05:06:21 PM »

My OH has clippers he's offered to cut it at a very reasonable cost, I'm still negotiating over the cost  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5