Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bleeding on a Femoston Conti....  (Read 861 times)

sammyscally

• First Flush
Bleeding on a Femoston Conti....
« on: March 26, 2020, 11:11:57 AM »

Hi all, I'm new to this forum so bear with me please. I'm 47 and had to have my ovaries and tubes removed about 3 years ago so instantly went into menopause. I struggled for over a year with the hot flushes as I was determined not to go on hrt. But it got the better of me and I started Femoston Conti June 29th last year. After about 2-3 weeks I've never felt better. It was amazing as my day to day life had been quite debilitating. Anyway, my first bleed/spotting happened on 12th August, it was a small spot and bit of cramping and lasted for 4 days. Same again for 2 days in September and October. Nothing again til 5th February for one day then again from 20th February and has continued til now, some days hardly anything, some days more, 3 days with nothing at all. Went to doctor 10th March and there had been nothing all day and for next 2 days just a hint. He prescribed Femoston Sequi but to stop my Conti for 7 days before starting it. I'm on day 4 of no hrt and feeling a few hot moments in my face and still losing a small amount of reddish stuff, more comes when going for bowel movement but I get nothing overnight. I'm starting to panic and with all of what's going on in the world right now this is making me panic even more so. Any advice would be appreciated, did any of you bleed a lot of Conti and if any of you changed to sequi from Conti? Sorry it's such a long message but I can't stop panicking!

Katejo

Re: Bleeding on a Femoston Conti....
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 05:11:18 PM »

Hi all, I'm new to this forum so bear with me please. I'm 47 and had to have my ovaries and tubes removed about 3 years ago so instantly went into menopause. I struggled for over a year with the hot flushes as I was determined not to go on hrt. But it got the better of me and I started Femoston Conti June 29th last year. After about 2-3 weeks I've never felt better. It was amazing as my day to day life had been quite debilitating. Anyway, my first bleed/spotting happened on 12th August, it was a small spot and bit of cramping and lasted for 4 days. Same again for 2 days in September and October. Nothing again til 5th February for one day then again from 20th February and has continued til now, some days hardly anything, some days more, 3 days with nothing at all. Went to doctor 10th March and there had been nothing all day and for next 2 days just a hint. He prescribed Femoston Sequi but to stop my Conti for 7 days before starting it. I'm on day 4 of no hrt and feeling a few hot moments in my face and still losing a small amount of reddish stuff, more comes when going for bowel movement but I get nothing overnight. I'm starting to panic and with all of what's going on in the world right now this is making me panic even more so. Any advice would be appreciated, did any of you bleed a lot of Conti and if any of you changed to sequi from Conti? Sorry it's such a long message but I can't stop panicking!

Hi Sammyscally  I can't comment on Sequi because I didn't start HRT until 5 years post period. However bleeding is normal during the first 6 months of Conti.  i didn't get any for 3-4  months on full patches but then it started. I have had it fairly regularly but mostly very light since last October. I am waiting for a hysteroscopy under GA as a precaution but it has been delayed due to the Corona issues.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 09:02:11 AM »

Hi sammyscally

:welcomemm:

What was the reason for your ovary removal? I would have thought your doc might send you for investigation after intermittent bleeding for over 6 months although this is borderline for needing investigation. Some women never settle on a no-bleed conti regime.

If you are unable to have a scan or referral due to the CV situation I suggest in the circumstances just go for the sequi and you will hopefully get a controlled bleed? If you are still worried and have abnromal and heavy bleeding even on this new regime, then do report this to your doc though not sure what would happen at the present time?

Try not to worry!

Hurdity x

sammyscally

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 09:21:03 AM »

I had to have ovaries removed due to a massive cyst plus for preventative measures (mum had ovarian cancer). Just wish they'd taken it all, but they said as womb is healthy there's no need!

Doc said because I still have womb I'm going to bleed! But getting fed up with getting this now. it's never heavy, one positive, but let's hope the sequi works.

Hard not to worry innit? x