Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Odd feeling in vagina  (Read 1354 times)

Ambergirl

Odd feeling in vagina
« on: March 24, 2020, 11:02:56 AM »

Hi guys,

Looking for some advice please. So, for the past couple of days I have been feeling soreness and like a lumpy feeling at the entrance. Yesterday, I plucked up the courage to have a feel - not something I am comfortable with - and it felt like there was something there that isn't usually. Could this be a prolapse or is this VA related? I have been rather bunged up bowel wise this week - not getting out and about due to cold symptoms, so it could have pushed something down? Sounds silly but as I have not had children nor am sexually active this is difficult for me.
I have a prescription of Vagifem that I have not yet used but would this help? I know that I can't get to a doctor right now so wanted some sage advice please.
Thanks

Whatsupwiththis

Re: Odd feeling in vagina
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 12:28:10 PM »

Hi Ambergirl.  I would definately get the Vagifem started as in NOW.  There will be far more knowledgeable ladies along to offer advice but if I were you, I would start the 2 week loading ASAP.  Keep in mind Vagifem takes a very long time to work so be patient.  Good luck and hope you get it sorted.

Ambergirl

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 12:50:18 PM »

Thanks, yes I am going to try it tonight and see what happens! Hoping to hear from some of those experienced ladies out there. I must be
getting through the menopause as it has been 9 months since my last period. Soon it will be over! :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 01:10:48 PM »

Sorry to disillusion you but menopause starts at the end of periods.  Mine waxed and waned for 3 years with several months missed then regular again. 

Use the 'vagifem' every night for 2 weeks to ease any lingering symptoms but if that feeling continues you may have a prolapse. 

Dierdre

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 09:27:43 PM »

Sounds like you may have a slight prolapse and pushing due to constipation will certainly not help. Vagifem will help strengthen your pelvic floor as well as the soreness but as Whatsupwiththis said, it takes time. When you manage to get out for a doctors appointment, ask to be referred for physiotherapy if possible, this is the recommended route now combined with local estrogen and it worked for me and a few others on this forum.  In the meantime try the yoga move cat cow, I found this helped too and easier than kegals that can sometimes make things worse.  Hope this tides you over for a while till things get back to normal and you get an appointment.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 09:29:43 PM by Dierdre »

Tc

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 10:52:00 PM »

Amber. It may be a slight prolapse. When its slight  It can be felt sometimes and not others.  So much so that I've had 2 gynaes tell me I have one and 2 others say I dont.   My physio told me many many women our age have at least a slight degree.

Otherwise,   Do you think it might be thrush? 

X

Ambergirl

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 11:41:11 AM »

Thanks for the advice ladies. I don't think it is thrush - no sign of it. Feels uncomfortable and, as I described it odd. I think you may be right that it is some kind of prolapse. I am trying to use Yes products and do the stop/start when having a pee. I think it may be bladder related as I am having trouble with the stopping part!  :) Hopefully though it will help if I can strengthen the muscles. I will definitely try the cat cow move! I'm teaching from home at the moment so anything that tears me away from the laptop for a bit would be good.

Tc

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 09:40:47 PM »

Hiya amber. I had the same thing with not being able to stop the wee when trying stop start.  This could indeed  be that the pelvic floor needs strengthening. Stop start iwhen weeing is a  good way to isolate your pelvic floor muscles to get the feel of how to do kegals in the first place but the womens physio told .me not to keep doing it after that.

With kegals she said the most important thing is to give it a long relax of the muscles between each one.  So if you pull in and up for 5 seconds  then rest and relax for at least 10. . 

Local eastrogen also helped me to improve  stress and urge incontinence. Somewhat. Although it hasnt  cured my irritable bladder but I had that before meno anyway.

Hope that helps. Xx