Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Getting beta blockers and diazepam  (Read 1922 times)

Focus

Getting beta blockers and diazepam
« on: March 23, 2020, 07:42:02 PM »

Couldn't cope any more. I called the reception at my medical practice and a doctor called me back.

She was the loveliest, kindest person I could imagine. I just cried and hyperventilated down the phone.

She's giving me beta blockers and diazepam. I'm picking up my prescription tomorrow.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Getting beta blockers and diazepam
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 07:56:00 PM »

It makes a difference to be listened to!  Beta blockas as necessary or on a regular basis, I take Propranolol every night to ease early morning anxiety surges.  Valium was given as necessary, I would take it the night B4 an event.  Knowing that I could take more the next day if necessary.  Initially 10mg then down to 5mg. 

Focus

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 04:51:45 PM »

I have a month's supply of beta blockers, 1 x3 times a day. And a month's supply of diazepam 1 a day.

Got some work from my workplace and brought it home (probably enough for a couple of months).

Exhausted.

Tc

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 04:58:10 PM »

Good. Focus.  I know all too well how exhausting it is.hope you get some relief now. Sending love xxx

Focus

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 07:13:09 PM »

Thank you.

It took a few days, but I made a list of things to do and a rough schedule.

I'm finding it's taking me a long time and a lot of energy to do the simplest of things, so I've had to scale my expectations right down. But I'm slowly doing a thing or two every day.

Today I had a Skype interview for a job I've done before in August. The previous two years they told me straight away I had the job. This year, they're saying it'll be 2-3 weeks. I think they're probably going to decide if it goes ahead during that time. It's a huge, international event (both audiences and performers). I reckon August is going to be too early still.

I'm on 40mg dose of beta blockers, 3 times a day
2 mg diazepam, up to three times a day.

I know the beta blockers don't give me any side effects, so I'm comfortable taking that dose three times a day and I can still be productive.

I don't know what the diazepam will do to me, so I might take one, maybe tomorrow evening, once I've got used to what the beta blockers are doing to me and then I'll get a good idea of how I react to it.

Tc

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 07:18:27 PM »

Sounds like it's an interesting project you have in the pipeline focus.

Good that you know you ae o.k with beta blockers.  Probably a good idea to just take 1 diazepam at first to see how it affects you.

I find diazepam works for me but I cant get them. Only 4 in 6 weeks. And each time I have to get appointment to get them. 

Hope that they make it more bearable for you sending love xx

Focus

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 07:27:25 PM »

Thank you.

They gave me something like 84 beta blockers and 28 diazepam...

I can feel my heart rate slow down. It's blissful. I'm feeling quite zenned out.

Tc

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 07:46:52 PM »

I liken it to when you are in intense pain and take a pain killer which works.  The relief is enourmous.. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 08:17:54 PM »

.... and breath.  Initially I was given 80mg BB twice a day for 3 months and it worked.  Then I dropped it to 40mg for several years.  Because I know that my medications work I am less stressed.

Barnacle

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 08:21:39 PM »

Hope your days start to get easier Focus. Take care x

Focus

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 10:43:38 AM »

The exhaustion last night was unbelievable. I think once my heart stopped going like the clappers all the time I could really feel how drained I was.

Taking it slowly today.

Focus

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2020, 12:08:42 PM »

That was a  weird experience...trying to go for a run on beta blockers. Blimey.