Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Does utrogestan cause awful PMT and heavy periods ?  (Read 754 times)

lillith112

Does utrogestan cause awful PMT and heavy periods ?
« on: March 22, 2020, 07:36:33 PM »

Hi ladies, my 2nd cycle on HRT, as well as not sleeping on utro I turn into Jeckyl and Hyde just before my period, and I mean it's very bad PMT like I had as a teenager  :o  Is this normal as I very nearly finished my 5yr relationship as feel so irritable, very low mood, and full of anger, strong feeling of unable to cope with anything anymore.
Also I am supposed to take 200mg utero days 15-26,  I've only been taking 100mg vaginally but my bleeds are very heavy, is this because my lining is too thick ?. I'm scared to increase it due to these symptoms   :-\

Many thanks Lillith.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 07:47:44 PM by lillith112 »

lillith112

Re: Does utrogestan cause awful PMT and heavy periods ?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 08:23:14 PM »

Hi Stellajane, wow, is that normal for progesterone to do that ?. 

I am taking Estroderm MX50 for my estrogen, I have zero symptoms on this amount, I wonder if I need higher dose as I don't feel any difference yet ?.

I've not tried any different types of progesterone, I used to be on a mini pill years ago called Cerazette,  that progesterone was great, but not available for HRT. I've heard a lot of negatives regarding Northisterone so I'm not too sure about swapping incase my symptoms end up worse. I've never heard of provera.

Lillith.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 08:26:03 PM by lillith112 »

lillith112

Re: Does utrogestan cause awful PMT and heavy periods ?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 02:54:07 PM »

Oh dear, I've lost 50% of my hair over the last 10yrs so I don't think I should risk it. I will have to grin and bare the utro rages for now.

Thankyou for your help you've been great  :)