Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Did only HRT eliminate your anxiety?  (Read 802 times)

ladylollipop

Did only HRT eliminate your anxiety?
« on: March 22, 2020, 11:26:31 AM »

Hi Ladies, do have a question: I am on HRT which helped a lot for my brain fog ( totally gone) but not with my agitation and anxiety. Was also on a low dose of AD which helped. I have stopped AD 6 weeks ago and now anxiety and agitation are back again :'(. My gynecologist says that absolutely normal. Who made the same experience. I have now started again with AD.

Love
Lady Lollipop

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Did only HRT eliminate your anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 12:28:22 PM »

Many ladies find that they need anti-depressant medication as well as HRT.  Were you taking ADs prior to menopause? 

ladylollipop

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 12:38:40 PM »

Hello CLKD, no I never took antidepressants before. It all started in postmeno. I went on and off. Last time I also stopped because my AD wasn't available and I didn't want to switch. So I thought I give it a try. My gynecologist (who is a longtime friend) told me that the anxiety etc cn come back. And so it did :'(

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 12:42:35 PM »

Ask for an appropriate anti-anxiety medication ? Anything to ease anxiety is important and if HRT isn't enough, why not add to the mix?

ladylollipop

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 12:52:25 PM »

Yes I already did and went back on venlafaxine last Friday. Really hate it. I thought maybe my hormones have settled. I am in menopause for 5 years now but 3 weeks ago I have got a period again.  :'( My doc says it's absolutey ok. I just have the feeling that my hormones are all over the place. Don't know why. Had a terrible cold for weeks.

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 01:47:42 PM »

My anxiety stated in peri. It went after 3 months on HRT and has not returned. I am still on HRT and late peri. I am not an expert but if yours didn't go with hrt when other symptoms did I would suspect yours either isn't or isn't entirely down to low oestrogen.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 03:58:19 PM »

What do you hate?

ladylollipop

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 04:38:11 PM »

The Menopause and the symptoms. I never had problems with anxiety. Also peri wasn't a problem. My symptoms started exactly one year after my last period . For 5 years now it is an up and down. It is like I can't trust my body anymore.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2020, 05:17:16 PM »

It's The Change. 

My body responds quite fast to any alteration in routine with anxiety  :'( even needing a bowel movement makes me queasy = panic  :-\

ladylollipop

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2020, 05:33:35 PM »

Thanks for your answer. It is the same over here. The problem is that I observe my body continuelly. Never done that before. But since this awful symptoms like anxiety and agitation hit me out of the blue I worry that all will come back.