Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Estrogel to estraderm  (Read 666 times)

donnacrichton

Estrogel to estraderm
« on: March 22, 2020, 07:30:04 PM »

I've been on 3 pumps of estrogel for 2 years but was still having fluctuations after applying twice a day. I have been moved onto 75mcg estraderm. I am on the end of 2 weeks and I can feel my Estrogen dropping (joints are swelling and headaches when applying the patch).

My question is will it take the patch longer to build the Estrogen up than the gel will be decreasing if that makes any sense. I know that 3 pumps is equivalent to 75mcg patch. X

Hurdity

Re: Estrogel to estraderm
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 08:24:28 PM »

Hi donnacrichton - the equivalence is only an average approx starting point. Individual women may differ markedly eg you might asborb patches way better than gel or vice versa so the dose may need tweaking. I would give it another couple of weeks at least and hope it settles. :)

Hurdity x

donnacrichton

Re: Estrogel to estraderm
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 09:21:41 PM »

Thanks Hurdity I was moved from the gel as was getting the burst of hormone after application. It definitely doesn't feel like I'm absorbing the patch as much. My biggest issue just now is swollen and very painful joints with headaches. I don't want to waste a clinicians time at the moment. I will give it a bit longer. Thank you x