Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: has tesosterone improves VA pelvic floor strength urinary incontinenence  (Read 1399 times)

Sammiejane

hi ladies

could any of you help me with your experience of tesosterone did you find as it strengthens muscle that your pelvic floor was stronger and VA and bladder irritation improved aswell as any stress incontinence

thank you

suzysunday

I've never tried testosterone but would think that VA and bladder problems would improve more with oestrogen.  Maybe someone more knowledgeable could advise.  I use local oestrogen for these symptoms.

Maryjane

The vulva area is an androgen receptor & yes Testosterone can help VA , some of the ladies in my VA group say it's the T that's the icing on the cake .

suzysunday

Would like a bit of icing on my cake but will have to make do with ovestin!

Sammiejane

hi maryjane

i currently use ovestin for Va and have good E 435 pmol with 2 pumps gel but as i?m taking progesterone which i need as helped a lot with mood and aniexty but have noticed a lot more watery discharge and had burning feeling which has subsided but although i had discharge on E alone it was more of thicker consistency but now it's watery and making knickers damp so not sure if i need maybe half pump more estrogen or take progesterone every other night or wondered if maybe T was the missing key x but won't get T added till april when i have telephone appointment with menopause. hair shedding at the moment is ok but again worried if i add that but more estrogen or take progesterone every other day it will then trigger shedding x catch 22 but feel i need a tweak

Sammiejane

sorry mary forgot to add i did up to 3 pumps the other night but the next day felt it was to much as bad head and foggy thinking although no watery discharge hence me saying 2.5 pumps but if i dispense 2 pumps and then a half when i then next use it will i get a full pump or the half first x

Lucyjo

Hi Sammiejane, I use testosterone, a pea size amount on my thigh each morning for past 4 months. Doesn't seem to be doing anything. VA is horrific still, no energy, no libido etc - everything I thought it would help!!

Sammiejane

hi lucy jo

i think it must vary for person to person

has testosterone improved your hair does it feel thicker ?

thanks

Sooze

Sammiejane
Ovestin made the biggest improvement to my VA when I was on Tibolone, as that didn't help help much and even when testosterone was added I can't say that made a difference.  Now I've been on Sandrena, Utrogestan and testosterone almost 18m I only need to use Ovestin very occasionally. 

Never had a problem with incontinence but it's definitely easier to do pelvic floor exercises when the VA is under control.  Are you still doing Utrogestan nightly? Have you tried alternate nights vaginally?  When I was doing it every night it did sometimes irritate but it's fine for me on alternate.
HTH,
S

Sammiejane

hi sooze

do u you the utro vaginally every other night ?

see i take orally as have no womb so using it to stabilize mood aniexty sleep as i was crazy bitch on estrogen only plus the estrogen cause my hair to go in shedding mode i currently use every night and 2 pumps gel and ovestin twice a week i never had symtoms of VA that a lot of women discribe i just had this watery discharge and at the time didn't know if urine and it subsided for a while but every now again comes back sometimes with a little burning other times not so hard to say but has been there more since starting progesterone so wondering whether to try alternate nights tesosterone i will start mid april as my estrogen now at correct level but apart from the dampness i feel fine on utrogestan and wondering now if i change after 6 weeks will it trigger hair shedding again but i guess i won't know till i try and my pelvic floor feels a little weaker so maybe tesosterone will help with this. x

Sooze

Sammiejane,
Yes I'm on Utrogestan 100mg vaginally alternate nights and Sandrena 1mg daily, although for the last month or so I've been using less as I'm not squeezing everything out of the little foil pack as I was getting a bit of breast tenderness.  Reducing slightly has solved that.  I'm using Tostran for testosterone and doing a petit pois blob daily.  I've been prescribed a pump on alternate days which is far too much for me, and I feel more balanced if I have a daily dose.  All the above is with my gynaecologists? OK as I still have a uterus and my lining has been very thin every time I've had a scan.
HTH,
S

Lucyjo

Hi Sammiejane,
The testosterone hasn't really done anything for me if I'm honest!!
So wish I could sort out the VA x

Sammiejane

hi ladies

well had a few good days not much discharge but then this morning had a hush of watery stuff again i've had everything removed surgically but am taking 2 pumps gel and progesterone utro. daily orally i wonder whether to drop this to alternate nights or up estrogen a dose x

other then that i feel fine. x

Sammiejane

hi sooze

i think the sandrena is slightly more stronger then the estrogel and at the moment i?m using 2 pumps with 100mg daily orally but don't know whether to up estrogen to 2.5 pumps i feel i need progesterone daily as taking it one day then not the next i feel funny then taking it again feel funny but it may well settle after a while or shall i stick to 2 pumps i do feel i?m getting more progesterone as skin and mouth dryer plus vagina hence the watery discharge x

Sammiejane

hi sooze

how have you found hair shedding on sandrena utro and tostran ? did testosterone improve your hair ?
mines shedding less with the progesterone but feels thinner x
Pages: [1] 2