Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bioidentical hormone replacement  (Read 618 times)

Booblet

Bioidentical hormone replacement
« on: March 20, 2020, 12:37:16 PM »

Hi,
I had blood tests done a few wks ago by a private Menopause clinic. Results revealed I was very low on Progesterone, ACTH and Testosterone.

To cut a long story short, the cost to make a conpounded lozenge was a lot more money that was advertised.

However,  i was wondering if any members have experience of BHRT Compounded lozenges /patches and is it worth paying for these expensive private prescriptions??

Kind Regards,
Booblet xxxxx

Hurdity

Re: Bioidentical hormone replacement
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 01:00:53 PM »

In a word - no! You can get all the bioidentical hormones on NHS except for testosterone which is off-licence. Progesterone doesn't matter except to ensure you have a high enough dose to protect the uterus if you are also taking oestrogen.

Have a look at this recent thread:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,47448.0.html

Forget the compounded stuff and go for the regular treatments. You might have to get a private consultation just for testosterone but the relative cost of this is minscule compared to going for cBHRT (see thread and links for definition of this).

I don't know anything about ACTH - this isn't normally tested for  :-\

Hurdity x

Mary G

Re: Bioidentical hormone replacement
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 07:31:46 PM »

Booblet, I would say it depends on why you are opting for the lozenges.

Take a look at my thread on compounded hormones in the Alternatives section on here.  You will see that I had no alternative other than to opt for bespoke progesterone lozenges.  I use Oestrogel and testosterone separately.

Have you tried all the conventional brands HRT?