Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: NO Patches!!!!  (Read 2271 times)

Foxylady

Re: NO Patches!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2020, 08:51:58 PM »

Hi Dandelion, it was Oestrogel pump pack (Estradiol). I didn't feel it was relieving my symptoms the same as the patches had, despite increasing the pumps gradually to see if it made a difference (but that's an individual thing). From a practical perspective I found it a bit of a faff/nuisance waiting for it to dry and having to plan if you wanted to have a 'cuddle' ;) if you get what I mean!! On day's off work when OH still asleep I would usually stay in my PJ's, have breakfast go on the internet etc until he got up then get washed/dressed but had to wash and apply gel, wait for it to dry then get dressed otherwise it would be out of sink from when I apply it during the working week.
If I were you I wouldn't discount it based on my experience as everyone is different and it might be that you prefer it. Let me know how you get on. x

Dandelion

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2020, 09:25:29 PM »

Hi Dandelion, it was Oestrogel pump pack (Estradiol). I didn't feel it was relieving my symptoms the same as the patches had, despite increasing the pumps gradually to see if it made a difference (but that's an individual thing). From a practical perspective I found it a bit of a faff/nuisance waiting for it to dry and having to plan if you wanted to have a 'cuddle' ;) if you get what I mean!! On day's off work when OH still asleep I would usually stay in my PJ's, have breakfast go on the internet etc until he got up then get washed/dressed but had to wash and apply gel, wait for it to dry then get dressed otherwise it would be out of sink from when I apply it during the working week.
If I were you I wouldn't discount it based on my experience as everyone is different and it might be that you prefer it. Let me know how you get on. x
Hi Foxylady
I get what you mean by cuddles etc.
Maybe your body was not absorbing the gel, I was hoping I could decrease the amount from 75mcg to 50mcg when using the gel to make it go further.
I have about half a dozen patches left to use, so it will be a few weeks yet before I start the gel.
Trying to order patches online.
How long does this stuff take to dry?

Foxylady

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2020, 06:20:30 PM »

Phoned round pharmacies this morning, managed to source an alternative patch but not sure how long they will be able to source them! x

Sammiejane

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2020, 06:48:26 PM »

hi

ref the gel i believe applying to arms and thighs makes a difference as i used to apply to thighs and didn't obsorb but now apply to arms and obsorbing loads

Dandelion

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2020, 08:27:56 PM »

hi

ref the gel i believe applying to arms and thighs makes a difference as i used to apply to thighs and didn't obsorb but now apply to arms and obsorbing loads
Thanks for this useful info, I have gel as a backup in case patches can't be sourced when I run out of my current supply.

Foxylady

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2020, 05:51:34 PM »

It was always thighs I applied to so that could have been the absorbtion issue! x

Dandelion

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2020, 06:44:44 PM »

hi

I'm on 75mcg a day of patches and may soon have to use gel.
Is 75mcg too much to apply to arms, as I'd rather avoid thighs in light of absorption issue?

Hurdity

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2020, 09:11:54 AM »

Dandelion - I am not sure what you are talking about re doses. Patches are measured in mcg which is the amount releaed directly into the bloodstream per day. Gel doses are measured in mg and give the total amount per blob or pump. Oestrogel contains 75 mg estradiol per pump but this is not comparable with the patch dose. Insteads approximate equivalents have been worked out based on average data from groups of women tested. Individual women will vary widely. The approximations are classed usually as low medium and high so if you are on 75 mcg patches this is medium to high dose so an approx equivalent would be 3 pumps - but it might require tweaking depending on your indiviual absorption compared with patches.

You will need to work out the best part of the body to apply it for your individual circumstances, in the locations of the body permitted in the leaflet.

Hurdity x

Dandelion

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2020, 05:25:31 PM »

Dandelion - I am not sure what you are talking about re doses. Patches are measured in mcg which is the amount releaed directly into the bloodstream per day. Gel doses are measured in mg and give the total amount per blob or pump. Oestrogel contains 75 mg estradiol per pump but this is not comparable with the patch dose. Insteads approximate equivalents have been worked out based on average data from groups of women tested. Individual women will vary widely. The approximations are classed usually as low medium and high so if you are on 75 mcg patches this is medium to high dose so an approx equivalent would be 3 pumps - but it might require tweaking depending on your indiviual absorption compared with patches.

You will need to work out the best part of the body to apply it for your individual circumstances, in the locations of the body permitted in the leaflet.

Hurdity x
Hi Hurdity, sorry I was unclear.
What I was meaning, was as I am currently on 75mcg patches, a medium to high dose, if I have to use gel, would I be able to put such a large dose on my arms only, with other women reporting poor absorption on thighs?

Hurdity

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2020, 11:29:00 AM »

Hi Dandelion - I think you just have to apply it wherever convenient and effective for you. What other women report won't necessarily apply to you. As this is a gel question and the thread is about patches, maybe if you are still concerned then ask on a new thread and then you will get replies and tips from gel users hopefully (as I only used Sandrena gel for a short time and on thighs), although members checking in are fewer than usual due to the current circumstances  ::)

Hurdity x

Dandelion

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2020, 02:58:30 PM »

Thanks Hurdity I will, good suggestion, sorry OP for hijacking thread.
Pages: 1 [2]