Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Do all makes of Estrogen work?  (Read 942 times)

Bluesky2020

Do all makes of Estrogen work?
« on: March 20, 2020, 03:01:25 PM »

Hello, I was put on estraderm 25 for 1 month as a trial. It made no difference at all. No good effects no side effects, really like I had never applied it. MyDr increased it to estraderm 50 patches but again absolutely nothing. Does this mean I need a lot more Estrogen or is this particular brand just not for me? Many thanks ladies 😘
Ps. Added more health details I'm remarks xx
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 11:08:10 PM by Gmckb1 »

Annie0710

Re: Do all makes of Estrogen work?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 07:22:53 PM »

Have you tried the gel?
The patches were too strong for me but the gel works a treat x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 08:02:05 PM »

HI GMbcK

If you could tell us a bit more about yourself we can comment further. Where are you in menopause re periods etc? What are your symptoms, age, have you been on HRT before? What progestogen are you using if you need it etc?

I didn't like Estraderm but not because it didn't work but because I found it too big and felt like a plastic bag attached to my bum! I was on Estradot for many years but now on Elleste Solo which are great! They are all the same hormone but different sized patches and some with different carriers and adhesives, and women absorb them differently.

Hurdity x

lillith112

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 05:09:35 PM »

I feel exactly the same as you, I'm nearly at 3 months on Estraderm mx50 and utro for 12 days. I haven't noticed any difference and zero symptoms except just before period I turn into Jekyll and Hyde, very bad PMT, but put this down to the utro.  I feel like the Estrogen has no effect, maybe its not being absorbed ?.

Bluesky2020

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 12:29:18 AM »

Hiya,
Sorry for late reply Hurdity. I am 49 and really started feeling ? not quite right? about 18 months ago. Bad night sweats, hair loss and my periods becoming heavier. I went to Dr and had full bloods done and all clear and good range( thyroid, iron  etc). I started on the herbal route and it made a good difference up until the start of this year. All symptoms have made  a comeback with great gusto! I have to sleep on a towel at night I sweat so much and my hair if failing out all over the place.
Had the Mirena coil fitted end of Jan?20  and it's been smashing( why didn't I get it years ago??) for the progesterone part and after letting it settle I went onto estraderm x25 for 1 month. Not a bit of difference in symptoms. Dr ( and surgery pharmacist) increased to estraderm x50 ( binliner size) but still not a bit of help. No good effects, no side effects. Nada ! I had the patch on my bum, on my front and hip area. Makes no difference.Due to have an appointment with Dr on Monday( if it still goes ahead) . Thanks so much for your help
Xx