Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Help with Estradot and Provera usage - not sure GP has told me correctly  (Read 957 times)

corianne

I'm hoping someone can help, I don't want to waste my GPs time at the moment over this with everything else going on, and I just need some advice if possible.
I am peri-menopausal and was suffering terrible symptoms, so my GP put me on HRT patches, which worked well and I felt much better. When these became unavailable she prescribed Estradot and Provera instead (about 2 weeks ago)
She told me to take 1 Provera every day for 12 days, then use the patches.
I started the Provera and was taking 1 10mg of Provera every day for 12 days, Then I started using the patches after.
The trouble is I have had some terrible symptoms - dry mouth, palpitations, migraines, stomach issues. I am not sure if the Provera caused them, or it's just Peri symptoms..
I was wondering if I am supposed to use the patches for the whole of the month then just take the tablets for 12 days of the month alongside the patches?
The Provera didn't come with any instructions inside, and the Estradot just says to use as your doctor has told you, but I am not sure if what she told me was right?
I've looked online but couldn't find anything that made it clear and I don't want to start using them again if I'm doing it wrong.
Hoping someone can help   :)  xx

Dotty

Hi you need to use the patches all the time . Do the instructions say to change twice a week?

The Provera should be taken for 14 days .

Which patches were you on previously ? And what strength are the Estradot ? X

corianne

Hi Dotty,
The patches do say to change twice a week, and the dosage is 50 micrograms/24 hours.
I was on the Evorel Sequi / Conti patches before this.
I thought I should be using the new patches all the time then the Provera alongside them (my box says take for 12 days not 14 though)
Unfortunately I didn't realise this until I had taken just the Provera for 12 days, and felt something might be wrong! :-\
Thank you so much for clarifying things  :)

« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 09:55:49 AM by corianne »

Dotty

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/to_progestogens.php

Hi if you click on the link it will take you to a page which gives you the dosages for the Provera.

The patches you have been given are equal to the Evorel Sequi so they should be ok. X

corianne

Thank you so much  :)
I tried searching before I posted, but I wasn't searching the right words! (still new to all this)
xx

Dotty

Just keep asking ... somebody will always help on here 😄