Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: vagifem falling out  (Read 2252 times)

shrosphirelass

vagifem falling out
« on: March 20, 2020, 10:38:52 AM »

I changed to vagifem a month ago. I was previously using estriol which I had some difficulties with. The preload was fine and no particular irritaion. However, the last week or so, bits of it have been falling out. I find it on the bathroom floor. I apply when I am in bed at night.

I have had some minor bleeding (just changed HRT) and this morning along with traces of blood the whole vagifem tablet.

Should I up the dose in the hope it improves matters so that it doesn't fall out? Should I not use whilst bleeding, as if that is pushing it out it is a waste. If so, should I try and insert a bit of estriol whilst bleeding? I feel more uncomfortable whilst bleeding in any case and don't want it to get worse.

I had planned to add another vagifem everytime I saw some on the bathroom floor but don't want to waste it. I am only prescribed 2 a week but have a box of 24.  If only someof the vagifem is coming out would that mean I am absorbing some?

I always coat the applicator with Yes VM as I am extremely dry which is probably why it isn't absorbing. My symptoms are not bad atm but I don't know why I am still so dry after using topical estrogen (and HRT) for several months.

Taz2

Re: vagifem falling out
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 11:01:32 AM »

If you coat the applicator maybe it IS that which is stopping the vagifem from sticking to the vaginal wall? It should absorb really quickly straight into the vaginal tissue?  Do you put it up as far as it can go and, also, do you have any degree of prolapse as this can mean it doesn't go as far up. Laying on your back to insert it will allow any prolapse to fall away from the vagina itself so you may be able to insert the applicator further if this is the problem.

Taz x

Whatsupwiththis

Re: vagifem falling out
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 12:19:26 PM »

You are still too dry.  I went through that as well.  Some of the ladies use Yes in the a.m. and Vagifem in p.m.  GP told me to use a very small sab of moisturizer at the pill end of applicator.  When mine would fall out, I would try another one.  Do try moisturizer first but not at the same time as Vagifem.