Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Should we take everything we read to the letter  (Read 672 times)

KarineT

Should we take everything we read to the letter
« on: March 18, 2020, 12:46:47 PM »

H everyone,

I came across a Harvard University article on menopause.  Basically, It was mentioned that emotional issues are unlikely to be caused by hormones alone and could be due to other problems in life and you could be vulnerable if you've had depression in the past.  This doesn't apply to everyone because their lives might not be so stressful and they may never have had depression.  In my case,  most of the time,  I would get stressed before my period due to PMT and I have never identified this to anything else.  But since 2018 I've had more stress due to these strange symptoms that I didn't have before and I link it all to hormones and nothing else.  I am not depressed and I have never been depressed before.  I am just going through a bad patch and I believe it's related to menopause.

Karine

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Should we take everything we read to the letter
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 01:04:08 PM »

The article is wrong.

Think of PMT and Post Natal Depression?  Dr Katherine Dalton did a lot of research in the 1980s as well as giving support to women who went berserk during PMT, even going to Court for a few who had killed. 

I knew my moods during my menstruating years.  DH would recognise a period was due, often B4 I remembered  ::)