Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: Lockdown ends [What to do during the crisis]  (Read 23307 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: What to do during the crisis
« Reply #270 on: June 06, 2020, 11:47:50 AM »

My eldest is in lockdown in New Zealand..  any news Maryjane?

Now that's the wind is cold it is more difficult 4 me 2 B motivated.  When I can sit in the garden to feed the wild birds or potter, I feel better.  Drizzling hard so ought to do housework  :o.  However  :D

CLKD

« Reply #271 on: June 07, 2020, 11:52:56 AM »

watch David Zinn - amazing pavement artwork that washes away when it rains - worth a look-see as well as reading the confessions article ;-)

CLKD

« Reply #272 on: June 07, 2020, 01:58:57 PM »

A family has been dressing up in creative ways and using props to put together a unique online photo album.

The Skinner family, from Rushden, Northamptonshire, created the first picture as the "kids were a bit bored" during the coronavirus lockdown.

Each image sees their children choose a specific colour which they will all dress up in.

This family has been so inventive !  :-*

CLKD

« Reply #273 on: June 15, 2020, 08:22:37 AM »

Not queue outside 'primark' ?  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #274 on: June 16, 2020, 05:31:35 PM »

Bicester Village re-opens: however:

More than three thousand people have signed a petition calling for Bicester Village to temporarily close after hundreds of people were pictured at the shopping complex.

Pictures on social media appear to show people struggling to maintain social distancing at the designer retail outlet in Bicester, Oxfordshire.

The petition is calling for it to be closed until changes are made.

Value Retail, which runs the complex, has been contacted for comment.

All shops in England are now allowed to open, but with strict safety measures.

Laura Wicks, who launched the petition, wrote she was "disgusted to see hundreds of people squashed into the street like Coronavirus never happened" and called for the complex to keep their staff safe.
. The Chinese rush here in droves ......... even though products are 'made in China' it is cheaper when on holiday to buy lots of the same and send them home!

CLKD

« Reply #275 on: June 16, 2020, 06:38:24 PM »

I'm not in a hurry to queue up for clothing  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #276 on: June 17, 2020, 03:01:30 PM »

WHOOPS!

Planes wedged together after collision at Aberdeen Airport

CLKD

« Reply #277 on: June 22, 2020, 07:58:22 PM »

Re-open UK airports  :-\

London City Airport has reopened to the public after it was closed for nearly three months because of Covid-19.

Commercial and private flights stopped operating on 25 March due to travel restrictions and a collapse in demand.

Government agencies and the military have been using the east London airport instead.

On Sunday, the first commercial flight to restart the airport was from the Isle of Man, which landed at about 18:00 BST.

Initially flights will be restricted to those within the UK and Ireland

I read this on the Isle of Man news not anywhere on the mainland.

CLKD

« Reply #278 on: June 26, 2020, 12:58:47 PM »

Don't go to the beach? despite Boris telling the World and his Wife to go to the North Norfolk Coast, Hunstanton is nice so they tell me  ::). It wouldn't be my 1st choice  :-\

Staying at home suits me fine ;-).  I have shade here and a comfy bed.

CLKD

« Reply #279 on: June 26, 2020, 09:18:24 PM »

Because they need the trade.  I think that many of those visiting UK hot spots probably go abroad .......... but there is NO excuse for the amount of rubbish left behind  :bang: :bang: :bang:  I think that the worst most will catch is sun burn!

When we walk the beaches late at night after the tourists have gone, we find all kinds of expensive stuff: brollies, sun shields, small plastic spades, buckets, rakes : when we began our Summer we would have a kit each and that was it: plus flags to stick in the sand castles, anyone remember those?  We each had a bag so it was each child's responsibility from the age of 5 to pick up our own items and the elder children had to make sure that the youngest had their bags filled.  There were 2 of us of similar age: then my sister 6 years younger; followed by another girl 18 months younger and a boy 18 months younger than her. So a bit spread out and if we added cousins as well as the family of 8 'from the corner'  ;D.  We never lost anything as we knew we wouldn't be given a 2nd set and would not be allowed to share with the others. 

I still wouldn't be going to a beach yet. 

sheila99

« Reply #280 on: June 26, 2020, 10:01:43 PM »

Ridiculous isn't it? Too dangerous to send your kids to school or go to work but perfectly safe to join thousands of people on a protest or cram onto a beach. Perhaps it's time to stop the support. If they had to go to work they wouldn't have so much time to behave like d*cks.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 09:26:36 AM by sheila99 »

CLKD

« Reply #281 on: June 26, 2020, 10:03:24 PM »

yep.  This behaviour is what gives visitors from the UK to Spain etc. a bad name!  Rubbish, alcohol, stabbings, broken glass .........

jaypo

« Reply #282 on: June 27, 2020, 09:11:32 AM »

It's your selfish generation,so happy not going to work but getting money regardless,kids to school?nah ,let's take em down the beach instead,omg I'm ashamed of the people of this country,no much wonder we have such an awful reputation abroad  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #283 on: June 27, 2020, 03:11:15 PM »

I remember going to the beach B4 8.30 a.m. in order to get a place to put the blanket  ;D and even then we would say "Didn't think that there would be this many here today".  But we kept our distances, being English and all that  ::)

jaypo

« Reply #284 on: June 27, 2020, 03:58:33 PM »

Haha,not much of that in the North Sea clkd,I remember maybe once or twice when I was younger swimming in the sea at Aberdeen,freeze your bits off  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21