Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: NO Patches!!!!  (Read 2272 times)

robotwars

NO Patches!!!!
« on: March 15, 2020, 08:12:40 PM »

I'm getting concerned now, I have only 2 Evorel conti patches left and the chemist who only gave me half my prescription and told me to collect the rest later, still don't have any!!!! not sure what to do!!!!!!

Dandelion

Re: NO Patches!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 08:24:25 PM »

I'm getting concerned now, I have only 2 Evorel conti patches left and the chemist who only gave me half my prescription and told me to collect the rest later, still don't have any!!!! not sure what to do!!!!!!
Do you have any other chemists who you can go to?
Can you go back to your GP?
Maybe they can prescribe a generic conti patch if evorel not available, better than nothing.
Does your chemist have gel?
Sorry if this is not much help, just wanted to make some suggestions.

robotwars

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 08:47:16 PM »

Thanks, I have phoned around and no one has any, in the past I used ultrogestan and gel but didn't get on with the ultro

Dandelion

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 09:35:21 PM »

Thanks, I have phoned around and no one has any, in the past I used ultrogestan and gel but didn't get on with the ultro
What a nuisance.
I wish I could say something to help.
All I can say is that I hope you can get some.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 09:19:03 AM »

You might have to ask for a generic estradiol patch ie whatever they can get combined with a separate progestogen. See if you can get the doctor to precribe norethisterone as that is the one in Evorel conti. Although it is not available separately for hRT it is present in the combi HRT tablets so the doc should be able to prescribe it. Norethisterone is easily available as a generic drug. Failing that ask for the licensed Provera as a temporary measure.

Good luck!

Hurdity x

bear

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 03:04:45 PM »

Hi robotwars,

Ask your chemist to contact Alliance. This is the latest  Theramex update:

https://www.theramex.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Evorel-Stock-Update-2020-March-UK.pdf

BeaR.

Dandelion

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2020, 04:24:49 PM »

Hi robotwars,

Ask your chemist to contact Alliance. This is the latest  Theramex update:

https://www.theramex.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Evorel-Stock-Update-2020-March-UK.pdf

BeaR.
Hi BeaR
While I don't mean to denigrate your suggestion, I phoned Alliance Health care and they would not speak to me as I did not have an account number, which, rightly or wrongly, suggested to me, that they don't seem to deal with members of the general public.

bear

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2020, 04:32:51 PM »

Hi Dandelion,

I know that, that's why I said 'Ask your chemist to contact Alliance'. It would be interesting to know what Alliance is telling chemists, so we could give some feedback to Theramex in case they say 'Out of stock'.

Take care,

BeaR.

Dandelion

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2020, 05:04:22 PM »

Hi Dandelion,

I know that, that's why I said 'Ask your chemist to contact Alliance'. It would be interesting to know what Alliance is telling chemists, so we could give some feedback to Theramex in case they say 'Out of stock'.

Take care,

BeaR.
My apologies BeaR
I did not read your post properly.

vickypk

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2020, 06:16:39 PM »

Hi. I got two boxes of evorel conti today from my pharmacist.  Pleased with that as it's been months and had to buy online to keep stocked up
 Xx

robotwars

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2020, 09:08:16 PM »

Hi, I got 2 boxes of patches today, so pleased

bear

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2020, 03:08:40 PM »

Hi Dandelion,

Take care,

BeaR.
My apologies BeaR
I did not read your post properly.

Hi Dandelion,

No worries, sweetie.  ;)

Hi vickypk and robotwars,

Glad you've managed to get your patches. Long may it continue.

BeaR.

Hurdity

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2020, 08:24:46 PM »

Hi. I got two boxes of evorel conti today from my pharmacist.  Pleased with that as it's been months and had to buy online to keep stocked up
 Xx
Hi, I got 2 boxes of patches today, so pleased

Good news - at last things are beginning to get back to normal in this area at least :)

Hurdity x

Foxylady

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2020, 06:37:19 PM »

I was originally on patches, then gel due to original shortage, back to patches again (prescribed 3 month supply, only got 2 months Estraderm MX 100) now have two patches left & told by pharmacy they are unable to source any patches (again) & for me to go back to gp and ask their advice...REALLY, ha ha!! So my job tomorrow is to phone round pharmacies and see if anyone can source any patches. I didn't like the gel for a few reasons and really don't want to go back to it! Really frustrating so many changes.

Dandelion

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2020, 07:36:31 PM »

I was originally on patches, then gel due to original shortage, back to patches again (prescribed 3 month supply, only got 2 months Estraderm MX 100) now have two patches left & told by pharmacy they are unable to source any patches (again) & for me to go back to gp and ask their advice...REALLY, ha ha!! So my job tomorrow is to phone round pharmacies and see if anyone can source any patches. I didn't like the gel for a few reasons and really don't want to go back to it! Really frustrating so many changes.
Hi, sorry to hear your disheartening news, may I ask you a couple of questions please?
What gel did you use?
Why don't you like it?
I ask because I will be running out of patches soon, and have gel as a backup supply, so I won't have to run out of oestrogen.
I've become exhausted by repeated phone calls to my phamracy with the "out of stock" thing.
Pages: [1] 2