Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Qlaira for Peri  (Read 4774 times)

CrispyChick

Re: Qlaira for Peri
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2020, 08:42:17 PM »

Thank you ladies.

So, I got migraines on 30/150mg gederal, but not on 20/150mg gederal. Conclusion had to be it was too much estrogen. I had other symptoms like extreme breast pain too.... All gone on the lower dose.

However, my original symptoms are now coming back, so I think I need more estrogen. Therefore the only option I see is to try 39mg again but with a different progesterone from the other side of the ladder, in the hope that that progesterone allows me to tolerate the 30mg estrogen. Does that seem right???

tomorrow I pick up my microgynon.

dangermouse

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2020, 09:43:05 PM »

If comparing like for like progestogen (Desogestrel) then yes its the oestrogen that is clearly the cause of your migraine.

If you are taking the pill to override your own hormone volatility then a higher oestrogen one will work better but may take a few weeks to take over and lower your own oestrogen which could be causing migraines.

However, if your pill was controlling them for a while and now its broken through it may not help to change as I found after a while nothing could control my volatile cycle.

When I talked about weakness of progesterone its all to do with progestational and androgenic. I have an old pill book which works out the equations behind the ladder but it can be confusing and also more for when have own hormones behaving normally!

Neerb74

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2020, 01:36:41 PM »

Looking for some advice please as too scared to take them. I worried that as they are similar to hrt and in pill form so more likely to cause breast cancer than the gel?Thank you x
Pages: 1 [2]