Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Mirena coil bleeding  (Read 812 times)

Sleepy123

Mirena coil bleeding
« on: March 15, 2020, 10:25:33 AM »

I had a Mirena coil fitted one month ago, and things generally seem to be going ok.

However, since it's been fitted I have had bleeding every day. it's not very much but just enough to be annoying!

How long does it take for things to settle down? I have been told it could take several months !!!  :-\

Pip16

Re: Mirena coil bleeding
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 11:41:13 PM »

Hi sleepy123 I've had 2 mirenas. It can take upto 6 mths for the bleeding to settle down/stop. Are you due to go back for a checkup and did they tell you to check the strings? I agree the spotting is annoying but once the mirena really kicks in it?ll be worth it!!
Pip x

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 12:11:46 PM »

I had daily spotting for 4.5 months after my Mirena was fitted.

Sleepy123

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 09:23:23 AM »

Pip16 OMG! That feels like a long time! Particularly when you are trying to start a new relationship!  :o

At first the bleeding was just a tiny dark brown dribble, but I have recently changed from sandrena gel to estraderm 25 and the blood has changed to a normal healthy red colour. So I'm assuming that's a positive thing?

I haven't had the strings checked yet mainly because I just haven't had the time to visit the doctor. I have to admit I can't feel the strings but I am a bit squeamish when it comes to things like that and I have been told I have a high cervix so many that's why I can't feel them?

Sleepy123

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 09:26:09 AM »

Tinkerbell That's sounds so annoying. If they had told me that when I had it inserted I might not have bothered! I think it's genetally a good option but what a pain waiting for it to settle!
I haven't had a period for over a year, now I have one every day!  ;D