Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: Stock Piling in panic  (Read 16886 times)

Yorkshire Girl

Re: Stock Piling in panic
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2020, 07:55:07 PM »

Went to a different Tesco than usual today but couldn't get what I wanted, the shelves were decimated in there unlike my usual Tesco which was pretty well stocked, different town, different type of shopper!!

jaypo

« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2020, 08:25:21 PM »

Yes,YG,it definitely depends where you are for sure,my usual Tesco had everything I needed,well,bar eggs and pasta but went to an Asda today and NOTHING,they?re not stopping people bulk buying,which is really infuriating

Dorothy

« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2020, 09:39:53 PM »

;D. does that show my age  ;D - they don't sell moth balls but there are cedar rings and others to hang in cupboards and drawers to stop moth [which I found in a pair of my Granny's rabbit gloves last month  :'( - now over 100 years old and now ruined].

I remember mothballs!

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2020, 03:12:41 AM »

Picture in the Daily Mail online (don't judge, I read the Telegraph and the Sunday Times as well  ;D) showing elderly gentleman in a supermarket striped bare ... is my Parent's local supermarket  :'(
But I admit to being awake at 3am doing a puppy food panic online shop. Not very successfully either ... pet superstore sold out of a heck of a lot.  :o

Countrygirl

« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2020, 05:11:45 AM »

Oh pants46 its horrible to see it like that, We haven't managed to get dog or cat food locally and noticed online there's a 2 week wait on it for delivery, not sure what to do next x

Katejo

« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2020, 06:50:31 AM »

;D. does that show my age  ;D - they don't sell moth balls but there are cedar rings and others to hang in cupboards and drawers to stop moth [which I found in a pair of my Granny's rabbit gloves last month  :'( - now over 100 years old and now ruined].

I remember mothballs!
I do too. Particularly the smell.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2020, 07:45:39 AM »

Yep.  Old coats out of storage  :D but hey, most people took the bus  :o or walked so the smell soon freshened up

tesco across the UK are shutting at 10.00 p.m. to restock ;-)

jaypo

« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2020, 08:30:56 AM »

Email from Sainsbury's,they are letting oap's in only for the first hour of trading,we?ll done Sainsbury's

jaypo

« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2020, 11:43:55 AM »

Dunno Stella,just said pensioners 🤷‍♀️

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2020, 12:30:05 PM »

My friends dog food order didn't arrive last night. They were out of stock. She has 5 dogs 🤪 Managed to get her some for the small dogs from my local place this morning. But it was pandemonium.

Heard on the news that the 'silver hour' at supermarkets this morning didn't work. Everybody else turned up and just went in. Supermarket couldn't enforce it. So shocking.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 01:10:26 PM by pants46 »

jaypo

« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2020, 02:32:17 PM »

Absolute selfish A - holes >:(

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2020, 02:57:21 PM »

Bare shelves and freezers in our Tesco by 11 am.  We then went to Morrisons and it wasn't quite so bad. they were just restocking all the fruit and veg. Fresh bread available and plenty of eggs.  Not a baked bean or tinned tomato to be seen and obviously no toilet rolls. 

I bought Zoflora disinfectant as I always use this. We used to call my Mum the Zoflora Queen as she bought at least one bottle every week.  She has been using it since she got married in 1945. 

Dorothy

« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2020, 03:06:26 PM »

Everywhere here is still empty.  Drove half an hour to the next town this afternoon to try to get some shopping for an elderly neighbour as no luck in any of the shops in our town.  Went into the Tescos there and they had a big sign up saying max 2 of anything.  And one couple  got two huge trolleys and were pushing them round the stores, literally putting two of EVERYTHING in.  I try not to judge when I see people doing big shops, as I know they might be shopping for several others, just as I am. But I really struggle to believe that anyone needs two of every single item left in the store!  They weren't even looking at things as you would if you had a shopping list, just grabbing and putting them in.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Care Homes and Stock Piling
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2020, 07:19:51 PM »

Care Homes are short of food across the UK.  So if you have any extras?  Maybe ring the local Care Home to you to see if making up a food box and take there. 

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2020, 07:55:38 PM »

After my swim this morning at 8.30am popped into Tesco to get a couple of things, the car park was already nearly full, usually there would be no more than 20-30 cars in car park.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19