Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: Stock Piling in panic  (Read 16812 times)

Two hoots

Re: Stock Piling in panic
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2020, 04:03:43 PM »

It's Tuesday so it's Tesco day, well what a strange experience  :o lots of empty shelves in fact the entire isle where toilet rolls are usually was empty  ;D

I got almost everything I wanted apart from rice, I thought it might be out of stock and salt ? No idea why there was an empty shelf  >:(

Barnacle

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2020, 04:49:02 PM »

Garden centre packed with oldies, including the coffee shop.  Don't think they got the memo.

There were three cars in my local one this morning when i went and it is 10% discount day for the oldies. Either they are much more compliant where i live, or it was too early for the lunch time mob. It's usually packed on a Tuesday.

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2020, 05:03:13 PM »

Well my son has just got back from college and he & GF went round supermarkets all 3 of them & couldn't even get a loaf of bread in any of them nor pasta, apparently Morrisons had no chicken or beef - hope it gets used & not thrown out! or soap of any description - people really do need to be less selfish. Makes me wonder if anyone actually ever has soap in their house!!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 05:09:43 PM by Yorkshire Girl »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2020, 05:25:00 PM »

I think headlines from tomorrow should be focussed on those who have panic bought goods, asking them to hand them over should they no longer require them rather than putting them into the bin!!!  We compost everything possible so our Council bins are rarely full.  Even tissues and kitchen roll from around the house, draw the line at loo paper though ;-)

« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 08:08:02 PM by CLKD »

Dorothy

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2020, 07:13:08 PM »

Done the rounds of several shops trying to find milk, bread, eggs, meat, potatoes, rice, pasta.  No, no, no, no, no, no, no.  Just as well I didn't need loo rolls, paracetamol or soap, as there wasn't any of that left either.

I reckon we're going to see a lot of nearly-out-of-date pasta, rice etc being donated to food banks in a few months time!

littleminnie

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2020, 07:14:31 PM »

Same in our shops.  Plenty of alcohol but people will panic buy that next when pubs and bars close

jaypo

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2020, 07:38:19 PM »

Whaaat WHAAAAAATTTTTTT did someone say the alcohol will go next,right,of to shops dum te dum te dum  ;D

jaypo

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2020, 07:49:20 PM »

A little serious Stella? ;D ;D

CLKD

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2020, 08:10:40 PM »

DH has been having a wee dram every night - for medicinal purposes you understand.  He's currently putting the mince/veg mix that he cooked this afternoon on2 tubs ready to freeze.  We had a bowl earlier, it's delicious  :-* [he's supposed to B making me a cuppa  >:(  ;D ]

There was a lot of food in the food bank collection area today :-).  Bet the supermarkets are rubbing their hands with glee as they will be the 1st making profits as small businesses go under  :'(

Sparrow

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2020, 07:34:46 AM »

There was a lot of food in the food bank collection area today :-).  Bet the supermarkets are rubbing their hands with glee as they will be the 1st making profits as small businesses go under  :'(

I'm not sure about that.  Things we couldn't get in Waitrose we got in the local village store,  where we used to live.  Also farm shops are busy but still well stocked.  I think once this crisis is over people may stick more with the smaller shops.

littleminnie

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2020, 08:39:39 AM »

Our farm shop (very large farm shop) had plenty of stock but the problem is that although the food is lovely it is very very expensive and not everyone have the money to shop there. 

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2020, 09:21:38 AM »

I've been reading that foodbank donations are down by 50% around here.  there was a report that people had been removing donations from the collection points at the Tesco store too. 

I am venturing out to do a shop today but imagine there won't be much choice.

CLKD

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2020, 09:37:35 AM »

Our village shop has stock.  But for how long  ::)
The choice might be take it or leave it!

sheila99

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2020, 10:16:31 AM »

The food banks will be overflowing in a couple of weeks - when the stockpilers realise they've bought a load of food they're never going to eat.

CLKD

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2020, 11:33:20 AM »

That's a Win Win then ;-). Our village shop is stocked well.  Not telling anyone where though  :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19