Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: Stock Piling in panic  (Read 16855 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Stock Piling in panic
« Reply #210 on: March 24, 2020, 12:46:44 PM »

Get some newspaper and sharp scissors.  Don't use magazines but good quality newsprint which will NOT leave a black mark ;-).  DO NOT FLUSH as it blocks the system but have a carrier bag to wrap any used paper in.  Don't know what to do after that: double wrap and into Council land fill bin?  In some European countries who are not on a mains water system, a bin is the usual way of Life. 

You may find that burning used newspaper after dark might be the way to get rid of it.  If you use kitchen roll instead DO NOT FLUSH!!!  Or use two sheets for the initial wipe then wash with warm water, everyone having their own botty flannel and botty towel of course.  Or dig a hole in the garden and squat: have you never been camping  ;)

Barnacle

« Reply #211 on: March 24, 2020, 01:24:21 PM »

Love that TC!

CKLD, yes we go camping, i have even been in the garage to check that there isn't a roll left in the box from last year. I have just spoken to my Dad and he told me to do as bears do.

I have to go into town this afternoon to pick up prescriptions for a few people in the village, the vicar has organised a rota and DH volunteered my services, so in the famous words of Captain Oates "i maybe some time", i think it was him, wasn't it?!

Sparrow

« Reply #212 on: March 24, 2020, 01:43:31 PM »

Love that TC!

CKLD, yes we go camping, i have even been in the garage to check that there isn't a roll left in the box from last year. I have just spoken to my Dad and he told me to do as bears do.

I have to go into town this afternoon to pick up prescriptions for a few people in the village, the vicar has organised a rota and DH volunteered my services, so in the famous words of Captain Oates "i maybe some time", i think it was him, wasn't it?!

Yes it was him.  At least you are not heading out into a South Pole storm. ;D

Barnacle

« Reply #213 on: March 24, 2020, 02:24:54 PM »

I will hold on to that thought, whilst tackling the Andrex Bandits  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #214 on: March 24, 2020, 02:26:48 PM »

Love it Tc - now I have an ear worm  :rofl:

So - what do bears do  :-\ 'cos they don't have access to scissors .......

It was Captain Oates, a hero often forgotten.   :'(

Hopefully people are no longer in panic mode ........ though I don't want to begin a rumour but chicken stocks may be short for a few weeks  ;)

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #215 on: March 24, 2020, 05:20:11 PM »

Barnacle,have you tried other places for loo roll?what I mean is,places you wouldn't necessarily go to,like a petrol station or a farm shop etc?
I'm scared now with this shut down,people will START panic buying again,all the shops round here have well stocked shelves,well,apart from lager  :o

Yes Jaypo, i have tried everywhere. The village where i live is small, so no shop, petrol station, pub, anything. The nearest town is 7 miles away and has 4 supermarkets, but i have been in all of them, every day for the past week and zilch. I might have to resort to foraging for dock leaves.

I'm in the same boat haven't been able to get toilet roll for 4 weeks now! It's starting to upset which I know is crazy but it's the hoarders fault.

CLKD

« Reply #216 on: March 24, 2020, 05:21:24 PM »

Apparently 'corona' lager isn't shifting from the shelves; no one wants it  ;)

jaypo

« Reply #217 on: March 24, 2020, 06:32:56 PM »

Haha I drink that and believe me there was not one single lager on the shelves today at Sainsbury's,went to a teeny co-op and got some,phew,can still have a wee drinky at the weekend

Ju Ju

« Reply #218 on: March 24, 2020, 07:04:44 PM »

Get some newspaper and sharp scissors.  Don't use magazines but good quality newsprint which will NOT leave a black mark ;-).  DO NOT FLUSH as it blocks the system but have a carrier bag to wrap any used paper in.  Don't know what to do after that: double wrap and into Council land fill bin?  In some European countries who are not on a mains water system, a bin is the usual way of Life. 

You may find that burning used newspaper after dark might be the way to get rid of it.  If you use kitchen roll instead DO NOT FLUSH!!!  Or use two sheets for the initial wipe then wash with warm water, everyone having their own botty flannel and botty towel of course.  Or dig a hole in the garden and squat: have you never been camping  ;)

Oh dear! They've shut the tips round here due to so many people going there. It was a good idea......scuppered by idiots again. The other suggestions might work. I've never been any good at squatting though......memories of a motorbike holiday in full gear confronted with French toilets!

CLKD

« Reply #219 on: March 24, 2020, 08:29:21 PM »

OH those French pits  :o never again !

Our bin collections may be haphazard for weeks apparently.  Tips have been closed.  Expect to see more fly tipping particularly of hazard waste materials  >:( of food that people over bought!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 09:16:13 PM by CLKD »

Barnacle

« Reply #220 on: March 24, 2020, 08:33:09 PM »

Managed to get a packet of 4 loo rolls in Asda, plus a chicken. To celebrate i bought a packet of Crunchies, but ate 2 whilst waiting to get out of the car park. Bleedin' pig!

Sparrow

« Reply #221 on: March 24, 2020, 08:44:37 PM »

Haha  ;D, a girl after my own heart.

Nothing cures stress like chocolate.  :)

jaypo

« Reply #222 on: March 24, 2020, 08:47:18 PM »

No no,not a pig at all,getting loo roll is definitely worth celebrating  ;D

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #223 on: March 25, 2020, 05:46:05 AM »

Off to the supermarket again today, trying to track loo roll down going to try Morrisons this time. Considering there is a Tesco distribution centre 12 miles away we should have toilet roll!! Shame we don't have an Asda near us, as they all seem to have toilet roll.

jaypo

« Reply #224 on: March 25, 2020, 08:46:34 AM »

YG the Asda beside us was the one store that didn't have any,there's no rhyme nor reason to which shops seem to have full or empty shelves,good luck on your quest,let us know if you hunt down the elusive loo roll  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19