Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: Stock Piling in panic  (Read 16875 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Stock Piling in panic
« Reply #165 on: March 22, 2020, 12:29:12 PM »

Or buy Panadol ;-). 

jaypo

« Reply #166 on: March 22, 2020, 01:01:42 PM »

Yep penny, I worked as a dispenser and we used to order in 250 paracetamol in big tubs so it is worth asking,I'm not sure how many they will hand out though

Sparrow

« Reply #167 on: March 22, 2020, 01:57:40 PM »

Went into a M&S Food around lunch time, just to buy a newspaper.  It was well stocked and very few people.  It had been very crowded first thing apparently but obviously didn't last long.  Hopefully that means the panicers are now in the minority.

CLKD

« Reply #168 on: March 22, 2020, 03:56:44 PM »

However: Unless every tub is wiped prior to and after being undone and B4 being placed back on the shelf  :-\ .......... >sigh<. Many seem to have forgotten how to barrier nurse  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #169 on: March 22, 2020, 05:18:14 PM »

Don't tell anyone though ........  ???

I need crossword books  :-\

jaypo

« Reply #170 on: March 22, 2020, 08:11:55 PM »

Just buy some gin Stella,wash your hands in that  ;D

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #171 on: March 22, 2020, 08:19:49 PM »

Finally got a pack of 4 loo rolls today. Saw a delivery van this afto dropping off at our village Co Op and they were literally filling shelves straight off the lorry.  Limited to one pack per customer which was fine. 

jaypo

« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2020, 08:24:19 PM »

Thank you Stella,you too :)
How fast did you run penny  ;D

Ju Ju

« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2020, 09:00:21 PM »

I ordered paracetamol from Waitrose and got a flu remedy instead. No good to me as it contains ingredients I can't take and anyway it was for headaches. Quite a few items were unavailable but substituted with stuff I don't want.

I'm stressing about getting my medication. I went to an online pharmacy who said they could get my HRT, but now say they are out of stock and won't release any of my meds until they've got everything . I got an email from the company that was confusing. I don't know if I?ll be on the list of vulnerable people or not. I suspect not, even though I've been very ill with asthma following infection. If I was they will bring the medication to me. it's been bad enough without covid19, trying to get patches. I might have to come off HRT, simply cos I can't get hold of it. I'm dreading that. I'm self isolating.

CLKD

« Reply #174 on: March 22, 2020, 11:17:31 PM »

Our Surgery is delivering where necessary.  We have to ring to put prescriptions in and wait 5 days ........

Panadol is the same?  I would wash in gin but it would never pass my lips

I think that Supermarkets could save money and time by not putting any substitutions in the delivery - after all, we know what we need!

Ju Ju

« Reply #175 on: March 23, 2020, 07:34:27 AM »

Just looked at the list of vulnerable people according to the asthma charity. It looks like I should be on the list with the meds I take. It also describes what shielding means. Staying completely at home and keeping away from other residents in the home. I can cope with all but staying away from DH. We live in a  small bungalow and shared bathroom. So how do we stay apart? I would fall apart if I have to stay in the tiny bedroom I sleep in however nice it is. We don't sleep together as we both wake each other up. I'm have a really good bed on order and paid for on order because this bed is uncomfortable, but I doubt we will get it for the foreseeable future. Feeling very vulnerable now.

CLKD

« Reply #176 on: March 23, 2020, 10:03:51 AM »

Ju Ju - our reckoning is that chances are we will already be carrying the Virus if it's in our area.   Or not.  We sleep together.  We sit together watching TV.  We walk to the village shop and back together, usually holding hands  ::).  We rarely interact with others except whilst shopping and don't have visitors. 

Is there a network in your area to get stock in as you need it?  Have a look on local Facebook, one doesn't have to be a member to read threads ;-)

jaypo

« Reply #177 on: March 23, 2020, 12:35:08 PM »

Tesco was ok today,my daughter even got rice and pasta,it was quieter but shelves well stocked,I managed to get dettol wipes,I was doing my utmost to keep well away from people but they were still crowding round me,there was a very elderly lady who came and stood right next to me!! It was only 10.10am,she REALLY should've been there earlier when it was only open to oap's

Ju Ju

« Reply #178 on: March 23, 2020, 01:26:05 PM »

For some older people the whole process of getting up, washed, dressed takes time. To get to the supermarket very early would be very difficult. And if they don't have a support system?

CLKD

« Reply #179 on: March 23, 2020, 02:11:42 PM »

What's old anyway  ;D. U should see me first thing, not a pretty site  :D
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19