Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: Stock Piling in panic  (Read 16879 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Stock Piling in panic
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2020, 09:23:41 AM »

Not in this area.  People over 70 went to the store near us yesterday and the rest of the world, his wife and dog followed. Nowt that the Manager could do.  What they could try is to ask people over a certain age if they have found all they require, this is usually in Waitrose if people look a little 'lost'. 

Ju Ju - tell your daughter to try her local butcher! Without custom they too could go out of business especially as many supply cafes etc. which are closing.   :'(

Hurdity

« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2020, 09:45:17 AM »

Picture in the Daily Mail online (don't judge, I read the Telegraph and the Sunday Times as well  ;D) showing elderly gentleman in a supermarket striped bare ...

Heavens -  the lengths that some people will go to ensure they can shop in peace - the mind boggles!!  ;D

Sorry - I know it's not funny but that comment was priceless pants!!

Hurdity x

Joaniepat

« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2020, 09:53:39 AM »

Intensive care nurse on Radio 4 this morning in tears, because she went to the supermarket after her shift and found the shelves stripped bare. No fresh food. She asked how she could stay healthy if she can't get anything decent to eat. Utterly disgraceful.

jaypo

« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2020, 11:07:17 AM »

Well,been to Sainsbury's and got everything,they?re shelves are well stocked,even got a roast chicken for OH & stepsons dinner,plenty meat too,only thing that had gone were tins and frozen veg they even had loo roll whoop whoop ;D think they have clamped down big stylee on these selfish shoppers

Ju Ju

« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2020, 11:16:26 AM »

Not in this area.  People over 70 went to the store near us yesterday and the rest of the world, his wife and dog followed. Nowt that the Manager could do.  What they could try is to ask people over a certain age if they have found all they require, this is usually in Waitrose if people look a little 'lost'. 

Ju Ju - tell your daughter to try her local butcher! Without custom they too could go out of business especially as many supply cafes etc. which are closing.   :'(

There is no longer a butchers in the small town nearby where my GS goes to school, but there is a co-op, where she found some chops. She texted that it is a bit sad to be so excited about pork chops! At least she won't have to venture further today.

Jaypo, that sounds positive. I hope they look at online shopping, so that people like my very old, frail parents can have food delivered as normal. They can't go out to shops. Hooray for all the neighbours who are looking out for them. I shall write to them and see if I can get some flowers or something delivered to them. I would be beside myself if it wasn't for them. We are seeing the good as well as the bad coming out in people. So many selfless acts.

jaypo

« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2020, 11:24:45 AM »

Juju I think they should have slots Online only for the elderly and infirm,most people can either walk or drive for their shopping,I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to implement,maybe worth writing to these places? I think I will,I feel so so sad,that the elderly are forgotten about ,like they?re a drain on society almost,ish I could do more to help

Ju Ju

« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2020, 01:07:33 PM »

Yes, I agree. I?ll do that. I find it shocking.

CLKD

« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2020, 01:24:29 PM »

The elderly have been to some of the slots offered, along with the World, his wife etc.  >:(.  Probably better to have the slots later in the day?  Or keep essentials in the back of the store out of sight and ask what people need to stock up with.

Two hoots

« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2020, 01:29:36 PM »

Yellowflower, I had to look up daigou never heard that expression before, what an awful thing to experience  >:(

The shops here was very slow stopping people panic buying, we could all see it happening for a long time before they tried to halt it. 

I was told earlier in the week that the online shoppers get more of what they order because the people who go around the shop collecting the orders start early before 6.00 am most people go to the supermarkets later and the stock has already gone  :(

CLKD

« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2020, 03:06:46 PM »

However: Chicken should be back on the shelves as Bernard Matthews are recruiting ;-)

jaypo

« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2020, 03:53:29 PM »

I EVEN got loo rolls from Sainsbury's,people will calm down with the bulk buying soon enough.
My stepson just arrived,so he's got plenty school work via email from his school and teachers will be online at normal school hours if anyone needs to ask anything

littleminnie

« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2020, 03:54:50 PM »

I got fresh pasta today  :cancan:

jaypo

« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2020, 04:02:49 PM »

Oh oh, I got big bag of basmati rice from Waitrose

littleminnie

« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2020, 04:32:28 PM »

How our priorities have changed   ;D