Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Mirena Coil  (Read 611 times)

purpleflower78

Mirena Coil
« on: March 14, 2020, 02:52:12 PM »

Any comments would be appreciated please.

I am 53 and after exactly 7 months to the day of continuous bleeding, the last few weeks extremely heavy, I had a hysteroscopy, biopsy and Mirena fitted yesterday.  I had previously had a biopsy in November which was normal.

The Dr couldn't see any obvious polyps or fibroids during the hysteroscopy but she did say the picture was not as clear as it could be because of the heavy bleeding.  However, a previous ultra sound in October did not detect any either, but I did at that time I did have an extremely thick womb lining.

Since having the coil fitted yesterday morning I have had a huge reduction in bleeding, so much so that today I am hardly bleeding at all.  I'm not complaining after 7 months but my question is if this is normal so soon after a Mirena being fitted as I was told it would take a while.  In fact yesterday the Dr told me that she was concerned the coil could fall out because I was bleeding so much!

I'm due to see my GP on Friday to ask about HRT as I was told I couldn't start on it until after the hysteroscopy - all along she has believed that the bleeding was caused by hormones but everything else had to be ruled out first.

I am wondering has anyone else had a similar experience please after a Mirena with such quick results? Thank you :)