Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Feeling strange  (Read 1220 times)

KarineT

Feeling strange
« on: March 17, 2020, 03:11:26 PM »

Hi Everybody,

Has anyone of you ever felt strange while going through perimenopause or menopause?  Do you sometimes get the impression that things aren't the way they used to be or that you are no longer the  same person?  Do you sometimes have this weird feeling of emptiness?  I am not talking about the empty nest syndrome as I don't have kids.  I am talking about a weird sensation that makes you feel as if something has been snatched from you.

Thanks

Karine

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feeling strange
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 03:13:21 PM »

Yep.  It's The Change.  Does what it says on the tin.  I get a sense of un-reality sometimes, difficult to explain.  When it happens I focus on something small, i.e. a ladybird and concentrate.  Breath.  It does pass.

Sammiejane

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 03:22:22 PM »

hi

sounds like aniexty !

KarineT

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 03:45:40 PM »

Thanks.  I do feel anxious from time to time.  I just that this feeling of being strange and detached will stop once menopause comes to an end.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 03:46:27 PM »

MayB decide which symptom you would like to ease?  These feelings can be due to low blood sugar or being Dhydrated.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 05:59:01 PM by CLKD »

Baby

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2020, 06:50:46 PM »

I feel like a complete different person. Numb a lot of the time. Am on HRT but no better. Feel like an alien is controlling me. No joy in anything.

lillith112

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2020, 07:02:44 PM »

I feel flat, nothing excites me anymore, I have zero motivation, zero tolerance and everything seems to wind me up these days. In summary I feel pretty miserable  :'(  . My HRT doesn't seem to have changed anything, nearly 3 months in. xx

Bring me Sunshine

• Menopause really isnt that bad. said no woman ever
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2020, 07:07:23 PM »

I feel exactly the same.  I spend my life googling reading this site looking for answers.  I am not sure where I have gone but this stranger has moved in.  I have had to resort to anti depressants as the hrt just dosent seem to be enough anymore and it worked so well for 2 years.  I have tweaked it and I wait and hope for that morning feeling of wanting to get up and be part of the world.  I have been self isolating before its become common place.  The menovirus I have and I absolutely hate it!  I had no idea it could impact on mental health so much all I thought the menopause was was the odd hot flush how ignorant I was.  I want me back!!

Baby

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2020, 07:58:44 PM »

My life has changed so much .Tried various HRT nothing helps. Had to reduce work hours, try to keep busy but just go through the motions, nothing interests me. Morning anxiety from about 6 am horrendous till I get up. 12 months ago i had none of this. :(

KarineT

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2020, 10:24:35 PM »

Well, it looks like I'm not the only one but I worry about not knowing how long this is going to last for.  At times I really feel like I am on another planet.  I am not post menopausal yet because, despite missing a few periods already, I haven't gone 12 consecutive months without a period.  I just hope that it won't be too long before I reach this phase.