Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Testosterone levels - advice appreciated please!  (Read 583 times)

TheCat346

• First Flush
Testosterone levels - advice appreciated please!
« on: March 13, 2020, 05:33:21 PM »

I just had my testosterone levels tested.
Results:
free testosterone <0.01 ng/mL (ref <0.01)
bioavailable testosterone (Kaufmann & Fiers) 0.06 ng/mL (ref <0.25)

I have been diagnosed with insulin resistance in the past and the only thing that helped me lose weight was Hyponidd (also used to treat PCOS aka too much testosterone).

All my life, I've had bad facial hirsutism, making me look like a monkey if I don't go to the beauty parlour for waxing every two weeks.
My periods have always been regular, although heavy, with a lot of clots.
My testosterone levels don't seem too high so I doubt I suffer form PCOS; however, what could cause the hirsutism...? I should mention that I also suffer from Hashimoto's disease, diagnosed 20 years ago.

Hurdity

Re: Testosterone levels - advice appreciated please!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 04:40:18 PM »

Hi TheCat346 - I don't really understand what these results mean. Mostly when we have T tested we are just given one figure which is Total T because tests do not usually measure free T. From the Total T and the SHBG reading the female Androgen Index is calculated which gives an idea of free T. Was this on NHS?

Sorry I can't help with the hirsutism query; that must be very frustrating for you. I hope you find an answer!

Hurdity x