Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lower back/hip/thigh pain  (Read 3192 times)

Countrygirl

Lower back/hip/thigh pain
« on: March 13, 2020, 12:59:28 PM »

Hoping someone can please help give me some advice, I have pain in my backits the lower right hand side. It almost feels like the bones are bruised when gently pressed. Have just noticed my outer thigh and hip feels like it's bruised too, I haven't lifted anything heavy or fallen over.

I've taken paracetamol, but it's not really helping, but I'm unable to take codeine or ibuprofen as they don't agree with me.

I have noticed recently I am getting more joint pain again in my knees, besides it sounding like I'm falling apart do any of you ladies have any ideas, thank you x

jaypo

Re: Lower back/hip/thigh pain
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 01:34:59 PM »

Sounds like mine CG,mine is the sciatic nerve,can you use the voltarol patches?Doesn't go through the stomach then

Countrygirl

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 02:10:07 PM »

Hi Jaypo, voltarol patches I don't have, but I have the gel stuff I'm guessing that will do the same.
I didn't realise it could go up into the back as I've always just had it in my thighs and was too much of a chicken to google it as health anxiety pretty bad at the moment 🙄so thank you for replying 💐 x

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 02:16:03 PM »

DO NOT GOOGLE CG😳 does NOT help HA one little bit
The nerves in your back round down into your legs,when my back goes,it travels right down into my hip,it's bloody agony sometimes,yes the gel works just the same,the patches release the voltarol slowly and continually for 12 hours is the only difference.
it's great getting old isn't it  >:(

Countrygirl

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 02:41:44 PM »

my ibs has been awful and I feel rough so you can imagine where my brain was going off to with the HA 😱 x
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 06:48:14 AM by Countrygirl »

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 03:27:12 PM »

Oh yes, I can imagine,been there myself.
I was diagnosed with IBS back in my 20s,which you just accept but don't you think that's an easy diagnosis?Last year I did a intolerance test which showed an allergy to wheat and an intolerance to nuts,since cutting them out of my diet,I've had no pain in my gut,the difference is phenomenal,would you consider doing that? I found an online one which was recommended by the Dr I saw,look it up,it's called cerascreen

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 05:04:41 PM »

R U due for a new mattress?

How is your seating position?

How is your footwear?

Exercise can release the nerve.  I had sciatica last week along with low back pain so had to take Nurofen - 5 hours later, pain gone.  Been OK since.  It's about managing how we move/sit/exercise and taken pain relief as necessary.  Last week it missed my whole left until the R ankle and foot  >:(

Bobidy

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 06:33:02 PM »

Hi

Consider orthotics for your shoes or a visit to your podiatrist. I had all of this as a peri symptom and orthotics sorted it out x

Countrygirl

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2020, 06:18:41 PM »

It had eased off the last few days, but has come back again, my thighs feel sore and my lower right back again and I get a pain like a stitch in my side occasionally. Would a pharmacist give advice as drs are flat out doing phone appointments and 111 must be snowed under with the coronavirus x

Nellie Noo

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2020, 03:31:53 AM »

I have had this ,and after much thought and physio i
Think its the fibroids i have , pushing on nerves. Also got tilted womb.so the backache is horrible sometimes.as is the ache down the thighs .Could this be possible for you ? Do you have a history of fibroids ? Xx

Countrygirl

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2020, 04:42:44 AM »

I'm lucky I don't have any fibroids but suffer terrible with my ibs so I guess I'm worrying something's wrong somewhere else too x

jaypo

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2020, 07:41:01 AM »

CG,can I ask when you were last at the loo? I mean,are you a regular gal?

Countrygirl

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2020, 11:10:37 AM »

I'm still suffering with this and hoping it is just sciatica.
My back is still hurting on the right side below my bra line to above my hip all the time kinda like pressure/bruised, but it occasionally hurts down into my hip does this still sound like sciatica as don't want to bother the dr and pharmacists are rushed off their feet x

Padine

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2020, 04:06:44 PM »

Hi CG, my sympathies are with you. My lower back pain is the result of a car accident I was in 40+ years ago - did anything traumatic happen then that could have triggered this pain?

Don't go to a private Orthopaedic (sp?) person unless they are highly recommended for exactly the type of pain you're havng (that's said with all due respect to Orthopods. -  they can't been experts in all aspects of spinal health) My pain called is Degenerative disc disease which triggered 11 years ago by nothing - it just started to hurt and I could hardly walk. I spent a lot of money on this Orthopod who was going to have me down to London (her "Friend") for an X-Ray, as X-ray at local A+E was useless. 6 appointments later, an expensive ice-pack or 2 (frozen peas would have done same job) plus almost ?150 train fare+?200 X-ray I was no better, so I decided no more visits to her; then on my way out she said I'd better let my GP know what was going on just incase it was a medical matter. Saw GP next week who immediately referred me to Ortho clinic, I saw a consultant 8 weeks later, he diagnosed DDD, sent for MRI just to be on the safe side and he told me to find a Pilates class and stop Zumba!

Once the DDD was confirmed I saw physio 3 times and had 3 spinal injections. Now the injections won't work anymore as all the discs at the bottom of my spine have fused together. I still have lower back pain but most days it's not too bad. I'm on a cocktail of daily medication and I usually sleep quite well. I found an exercise class, not Pilates but mainly core-strengthening + stretching. Stress definitely triggers the pain and walking uphill is almost impossible but I will always thank the NHS for all they've done for me.

Oh, I didn't mean this to be so long, sorry! Pills-time so I better go now! Hope this has helped CG and I hope you can get rid of the terrible pain asap!

Keep well,
                            Padine x

Padine

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2020, 04:10:21 PM »

Please excuse typos - DIY going on here that is not going very well  :scottie:
Pages: [1] 2