Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Is it over or is it not over? That is the question!  (Read 617 times)

Padine

Is it over or is it not over? That is the question!
« on: March 11, 2020, 06:50:03 PM »

Hi, I had my last period when I was 51, went on HRT with no problems, moved house so change of GP and stopped HRT. Couldn't stand the hot flushes etc so new GP suggested a different HRT, now I'm 60 (still on HRT) so must be through the menopause. Anyway, I'm now retired and feel very stressed over lots of little things. I've always been an anxious person but my anxiety has grown enormous now and don't want to do a number of things : 1.get out of bed in the morning 2.become very OCD about crumbs on the kitchen floor 3.bathroom towels not hung up properly 4.want all my clothes to match but can't be bothered making the effort. I hate looking at my face in the mirror, I was never beautiful but always had a friendly smile - now when I smile I cringe (especially in photos). I have everything I could want especially my family. So, am I still menopausal or just try to snap out of this bleak mood? Can anyone relate to how I feel right now? Is there an end to it all?
           Padine x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Is it over or is it not over? That is the question!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 08:21:28 PM »

Why not ask for an appropriate anti-anxiety drug for 4-6 months?  To see if there is any difference in mood?

I found when ill that making lists each evening showed me what I had achieved each day.  Regardless of your social situation this is about you and not your surroundings.  Do you keep a mood/food/symptom diary?

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 09:14:53 PM »

It sounds like meno symptoms to me. Anxiety can have many causes but the can't be bothered attitude with it makes me think meno. Meno symptoms can apparently last 12 years. If it was me I would go back on HRT and see if your symptoms subside.

Padine

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 10:02:04 PM »

No I don't keep a diary CLKD, have tried many times but don't have the staying-power!

Sheila, I'm still on HRT and noticed something last week. I am now on Tibilone (the one with the most Testesterone apparently) changed from Indivina 3 months ago which is on the "at risk of being hard to get". Accidently last week I got the packs muddled up and took the Indivina, I'm sure I felt happier and was looking on the bright-side, but surely that can't be right?
Mr. P nearly choked when I told him meno symptoms could go on for 15 years! He thought it was only 2 (as I did when in my 40s)