Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Coronavirus and HRT supplies  (Read 1086 times)

Dandelion

Coronavirus and HRT supplies
« on: March 15, 2020, 03:21:42 PM »

Hi
I did a search on coronavirus before submitting this post just in case anyone else has raised any concerns.
I am wondering how it will affect hrt supplies given that, for example, besins are abroad and flights are being restricted.
It's a matter of life and death for me, because if my utrogestan supply is stopped, as I am addicted to valium, and on a high dose of utrogestan, and it is cross tolerant with valium, I could go into a withdrawal crisis.
Selfish I know, as there are many other menopausal women at risk of supplies being cut off, and also many non menopausal men and women at risk.
For instance, over 70's are being told to self isolate to shield themselves for a very long time, and not have visitors, many of these live alone and rely on their families for support.
The loneliness could cause stress which could kill the most vulnerable elderlies off.

Joaniepat

Re: Coronavirus and HRT supplies
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 03:41:41 PM »

Dandelion, I hope you have enough to keep you going for a while? Can you put your repeat prescription in a bit earlier? I did this when the Chinese factories were closing because of the virus. So many ingredients and components for everything you can think of originate in China, so I could see supply chains being affected down the line. I had only been able to fulfill all of my Estradot prescription a few weeks before, and I wasn't going through all that patch shortage business again if I could help it.

Best wishes,
JP x

Gracie65

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 04:08:46 PM »

Hi  dandelion,

I have been wondering about supplies too.  I usually apply 4 pumps of Estrogel and I am now wondering weather to go down to 2 or 3 to make it last a bit longer,
not sure? Will watch how things go over the next few weeks :-\

Dandelion

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 04:36:25 PM »

Dandelion, I hope you have enough to keep you going for a while? Can you put your repeat prescription in a bit earlier? I did this when the Chinese factories were closing because of the virus. So many ingredients and components for everything you can think of originate in China, so I could see supply chains being affected down the line. I had only been able to fulfill all of my Estradot prescription a few weeks before, and I wasn't going through all that patch shortage business again if I could help it.

Best wishes,
JP x
Hi Joaniepat
We have a two month limit on orders, so I will have to wait a few weeks for ordering utro.
I can't get patches from my chemist, they only have tablets in stock.
I cant be bothered with the hassle of worrying about running out every two months.
I asked my sister to get evopad from Spain next month, but have been reading that only major flights are allowed so it looks like I wont get those patches which is a shame as they worked a treat.

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 04:38:29 PM »

Hi  dandelion,

I have been wondering about supplies too.  I usually apply 4 pumps of Estrogel and I am now wondering weather to go down to 2 or 3 to make it last a bit longer,
not sure? Will watch how things go over the next few weeks :-\
I wouldn't lower your dose without seeing doctor, you might get more symptoms, hope I dont sound bossy.
i've got oestrodose, as a backup, and although there are posts on here saying oestrodose and oestrogel are the same, there are also posts about bad reactions to oestrodose, also, Ive never used gel before.

Gracie65

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 05:19:01 PM »

Hi Dandelion,

Not bossy at all and agreed probably best to speak to doctor first.  It was just today I started thinking about it and thought this could be a problem very soon although to be fair I am more concerned about my disabled brother not running into trouble getting his medication for epilepsy.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 07:56:44 PM »

Ring or e-mail the surgeries and ask the question, many GPs are doing calls rather than having patients going to Clinic. 

Good thread!

Dandelion

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 08:28:58 PM »

Hi Dandelion,

Not bossy at all and agreed probably best to speak to doctor first.  It was just today I started thinking about it and thought this could be a problem very soon although to be fair I am more concerned about my disabled brother not running into trouble getting his medication for epilepsy.
Let's hope things don't get so bad that your disabled brother is not in a position where his epilepsy meds run out.
I have a similar problem with relatives and meds.
Let's hope this coronavirus does not delay hrt supplies, although my chemist says the restock dates keep getting postponed.
Flights from Spain are blocked all but the most important ones, I had asked my Sister who has a house there, to get me some evopad from Spain next month when she goes, dunno if flights will be back on then, or whether this virus is still in the stage where things are worseining, I'd like to think things will blow over by then.
I watched on news vid that UK not expected to peak until 2 months time.

Dandelion

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 08:31:17 PM »

Ring or e-mail the surgeries and ask the question, many GPs are doing calls rather than having patients going to Clinic. 

Good thread!
Hi CKLD
I have an IOU from my pharmacist from February, 31st March is now the date they are giving me for supplies to come in.
Only pills are available in my pharmacy, I cannot absorb the oestrogen in them.