Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Been offered HRT - don?t know whether to take it  (Read 2035 times)

AnxietyPanda

Re: Been offered HRT - don?t know whether to take it
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2020, 09:53:17 AM »

Hi since the age of 50 I've struggled with anxiety and all the other effects of menopause. Until recently I've avoided HRT but after 7 years of my symptoms getting worse and feeling like my life was pointless I've finally made the step to give it a go. Yes I'm scared I've made the wrong decision but also I'm tired of feeling this low . I just want the old me back and if HRT works then I feel it's worth all the risks . I've struggled for way to long.
Good luck in whatever you decide . it's early days for me but I'm already sleeping better which has helped massively. I will be posting regularly with updates if you are interested. Take care xx
Yes, I would be very interested in your updates.

AnxietyPanda

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2020, 09:55:15 AM »

I will be posting regularly with updates if you are interested. Take care xx

Yes, I am interested in your updates. I understand your fear, its how I feel. I need to phone the docs today to let her know if I want it. Am still undecided.

AnxietyPanda

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2020, 10:01:59 AM »

There are many causes of anxiety. If it started with peri like mine I would expect hrt to stop it. If you had anxiety before then maybe not. You can always stop hrt if it doesn't help you but do give it long enough to work.

I really started to suffer with horrible anxiety and panic attacks when I had overactive thyroid (graves disease). Up until then, hadn't really been aware of any. It was nearly the end of me, it took a lot to climb out of the darkness and I am terrified of feeling like that again.

Any anxiety so far has been hormone related as far as I can tell. So it would be wonderful if HRT got rid of it, but I am live in fear of the rug being pulled out from under me!

Dotty

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2020, 10:04:19 AM »

Give HRT a try. You can always stop it if you don't like it x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2020, 01:02:29 PM »

4-6 months to ease anxiety?  I found that the longer I had been depressed the longer appropriate medication took to work.  With anxiety, it is instant, I'm floored within seconds.   :'(. I don't take HRT but the emergency tablet works.

Lisa1011

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2020, 01:58:51 PM »

I tried hrt and felt more anxious on it. Don't know if that was me before or through the hrt tho. I had the patches and tablet first. Then the gel and patches as the patches were hard to get. I'm now on sertraline and suffering with side effects. The anxiety is horrific. I do sympathise with you. I'm off work at the moment but due back in two weeks. I'm also juggling babysitting my 6 month old grandson and going back to work so manic times.
Unsure whether to try the hrt again. Come of the sertraline or leave it all. I was on hrt for my mid month dips nothing else. My periods are still regular
Pages: 1 [2]