Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Much Less PMT  (Read 879 times)

rolercoasterhell

Much Less PMT
« on: March 09, 2020, 02:55:10 PM »

I am in peri and have irregular periods.
For the last year (maybe 18 months) I have had a great reduction in PMT. I have always had HORRENDOUS PMT which was so bad I literally could have committed murder..and probably got away with it. Now, it is about 80% reduced and completely bearable.
Has anyone else noticed that their PMT has improved? I only read about people getting a LOT worse. I thin I was at that stage five years ago approximately.
I wonder why it is so much better?
I have a plethora of other symptoms so it's most certainly not a bed of roses but to not fear the monthly insanity is a blessing.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Much Less PMT
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 02:56:38 PM »

Oh mine improved certainly.  I can still fly at the drop of a needle but on the whole, I am generally more stable.

My PMT was worse after I was sterilised during my mid-to-late 30s. 

rolercoasterhell

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 03:12:28 PM »

I'm not menopausal though as I am still getting periods. It seems as if we are the only ones CLKD. I'll take anything I can get to be honest  ;)

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 06:19:53 PM »

My pmt wasn't particularly bad but yes, it's got better (towards the end of peri now). Perhaps it's because the peaks and troughs of hormone levels aren't so extreme.

rolercoasterhell

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 03:06:34 PM »

Maybe very weak ovulation (or none at all) so very weak hormones the other side.

Anxiety and insomnia is far more problematic now though so it is swings and roundabouts.

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 05:28:44 PM »

Anxiety and insomnia were my worst symptoms, life was hardly worth living. Started hrt and they went in 3 months.

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 06:29:05 PM »

Hello rolercoasterhell

I believed that my PMT was confined to slightly tender breasts but looking back I think I had some tension and nervousness because I usually felt calmer when my period began. The emotional issues I have now are probably a more intense version plus of course no lovely oestrogen to make it all better!

I also have this weird idea that groups of cells in the body take turns to react to reducing levels of hormones. For example I had headaches every day for six months then they stopped and never returned. I know many women experience tearfulness but that has been a relatively new problem for me.  My heart palpitations have stopped and even my jitters are milder so I describe them as quivers now. Flushing is also reduced and I haven't been hot at night for a while.

Unfortunately I have irritability  and feel anxious and ill at ease most of the time. I am still a long way from normal but  sometimes all the horrible feelings take a break and I am back to my old, recognisable self for a short while. Not surprisingly I cherish those moments lol.

Wishing you well.

K.