Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Aching and feeling like insides are falling out??  (Read 943 times)

sadielouise78

Aching and feeling like insides are falling out??
« on: March 09, 2020, 01:43:23 PM »

Hi, bit of a strange question but does anyone feel like their insides are trying to fall out?  I used to have terrible periods before I had ablation done last June and since then they have stopped.  I have had to come off the pill and HRT (since October) as I have really high blood pressure but I am coping ok with the night sweats etc.  I haven't had any sort of PMT since the ablation but just over the last month I've started feeling like everything down their aches and feels as though if I pushed hard enough my insides would come out.  It's a really uncomfortable feeling.  Does anyone else experience this?  I haven't been to the doctors yet as I can't get an appointment for a few weeks.  Also, I don't have children so I don't expect everything to give up down there so easily.

Thanks,
Sarah

Jari

Re: Aching and feeling like insides are falling out??
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 01:48:42 PM »

Hi sadielouise.

For high BP, are you getting a good amount of magnesium in your daily diet. Eg broccoli, almonds, bananas, prunes, cashews, green leafy veg etc... 
Magnesium lowers BP!

Re insides, have you tried the clenching style pelvic exercises?

How much exercise do you do weekly? X

Jari

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 01:51:58 PM »

Good point sparkle!

Sadielouise, if you try having ground flaxseeds in your cereal or something, this really helps with keeping regular! Add prunes too! Either grind the flaxseeds in a coffee grinder or you can buy them already ground. X

friend of lhasa apso

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 01:53:58 PM »

Hi Sadie Louise,  The feeling you're getting could possibly be due to thinning of the tissues down there known as vaginal atrophy ,which also can cause things to be dryer and itchy and sore .
    Your gp or practice nurse/nurse practitioner will need to examine you to diagnose this . They can give you oestrogen cream or pessaries to help with this which treats the cause directly in to the tissues.
    If you search for va in search box on here ,they'll be a lot of information on this .   Hope you get appointment soon .x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 02:52:44 PM »

Hi sadielouise - it does sound like a lack of oestrogen could be causing tis. The only time I came off it for any length of time (for 3 months, about 9 years ago now), I started to get lower pelvic aches and pains which resolved once I restarted HRT. If you haven't had children then possibly a prolapse is liess likely although a doctor could check.

Are you overweight and do you do high impact exercise as both of these could cause feelings of everything dropping too?

I would agree that as you reduced oestrogen - important to do pelvic floor exercises (done properly) ie the tightening followed by proper relaxation. You will find lots of information on the web about this. I haven;t looked up lots but here is the first reputable one I came across:

https://pogp.csp.org.uk/system/files/publication_files/POGP-PelvicFloor%20%28UL%29.pdf

Let us know how you get on with the doctor.

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2020, 02:55:32 PM »

Oh that feeling like my vagina and bowel was going to part company with my main body ....... every month.  Then I would forget about it until the next month.  Never wondered what the cause might be but it was 'normal' for me although quite unpleasant.

sadielouise78

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2020, 03:12:34 PM »

Wow, thank you for so many replies!

So yes I am over-weight, and very nearly type 2 diabetic  :'(  I usually do high impact circuit training 3 times a week but over the last 3 months it's gone to virtually nothing.  I am starting to get back into it though. And I need to sort my diet out as that went to pot too.

I will look into the vaginal atrophy as I have heard of it but don't know anything about it.  And I had wondered about constipation too but I don't think it is that.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2020, 03:23:14 PM »

Little steps.  Our bodies don't get where we are suddenly  ;)

Does your Surgery have a dietician or Nurse with an interest in weight loss support?  I think the idea is not to deny yourself 'treats' but to add lots of fresh fruits and veg. daily.  Plus gentle exercise and now Spring is approaching it will be great to get outside to notice the differences, almost daily.

Gentle stretching is important to keep muscles active.  Laying in bed stretch the toes, feet and ankles; hold.  Relax.  Working up the body through the muscle groups is a starting point to improve muscle tone. 

Some people find that menu planning helps - DH batch cooks so we don't grab rubbish too often.  He eats a lot more fruit than I consider to be healthy  ;D ........ currently I have half a banana to finish.

Let us know how you get on!

Sammiejane

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2020, 05:04:55 PM »

hi

i got this feeling to it felt as though i could feel my vulva between my legs i know it between your legs but it all felt lower down then i got this wet patch in knickers i instantly thought bladder prolapse incontinenece but to this day 16 months later 3 gynocologist have been told no prolapse and urodynamics test showed no incontinenece but been doing pelvic floor kegels and vaginally estrogen plus hrt and heavy feeling gone but i still get wetness which i think is watery discharge so wondering if i need more estrogen x