Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Zoloft/Sertraline  (Read 1665 times)

Penelope

Zoloft/Sertraline
« on: March 09, 2020, 06:14:36 AM »

I have just been prescribed these for anxiety.
I am already 3 months in on HRT should I wait a bit longer for the HRT or give them a go?

Just got rid of three months of side effects just wondering if anyone else is taking this and how they found it?

GypsyRoseLee

Re: Zoloft/Sertraline
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 10:39:34 AM »

Hi. I started taking Sertraline 3 weeks after starting HRT the reason being I was in such a dark place my GP was very concerned that the HRT wouldn't work fast enough. Within a day of taking it I felt a little shift in my head, and felt calmer. Over the next couple of weeks my anxiety definitely faded a lot and I felt quite Zen! I did feel drowsy I think, but it worked very well for me.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 02:24:06 PM »

Penelope, were you asking for these from the doctor and is this new onset anxiety or hormonal? Personally I would wait and see if your symptoms settle further. After all you have only been on HRT for 3 months. Unless you are uinfortunately in the "dark place" that Gypsy Rose Lee mentions when anti-depressants would certainly be appropriate, current thinking is that ADs are not recommended first line for hormonal anxiety, but better to tweak your HRT regime first if necessary.  Also you are taking contnuous progestogens (norethisterone) and the side effects from this can be anxiety and pms type symptoms - so again better to wait and see I would have thought?

All the best :)

Hurdity x

Penelope

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 06:16:36 PM »

Hurdity the same did cross my mind.The HRT did cause anxiety early morning then that went and now it's from around 4pm till evening is this not a long term thing? Sorry to second guess but I can handle every physical symptom but not the anxiety.🌹

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 07:14:37 PM »

I agree with Hurdity, that you may well be reacting to the Norethisterone in your HRT. Norethisterone is notorious for causing anxiety and panic unfortunately.

Penelope

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2020, 07:34:48 PM »

Gypsyroselee
Thank you I did not know that Do you know if it sticks with you or goes away after some months.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2020, 09:17:02 PM »

I'm afraid I don't Penelope. But if you're very intolerant of progesterone then I would think it very unlikely that you would grow to tolerate it. In my experience ity actually the opposite.