Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Using Vagifem and Ovestin internally query  (Read 748 times)

Bobidy

Using Vagifem and Ovestin internally query
« on: March 08, 2020, 10:06:57 AM »

Hi

I'm just wondering if anybody alternates with Vagifem and Ovestin internally?

I'm having a battle at the mo getting prescribed more than 2 Vagifem per week. Using 3 seems to be working okay to keep everything in working order but I'll run out of my prescription quicker.

I have lots of Ovestin as I just I use a little pea sized amount each night externally.

If I can't get an increased Vagifem prescription I was going to use 2 Vagifem and one load of Ovestin internally each week.

Does anybody else do that?

How much Ovestin do you insert?

Have you had any problems with internal Ovestin?

I'm still battling for trial of the
Estring too!!!

Thanks x

Katejo

Re: Using Vagifem and Ovestin internally query
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 10:41:15 AM »

Hi

I'm just wondering if anybody alternates with Vagifem and Ovestin internally?

I'm having a battle at the mo getting prescribed more than 2 Vagifem per week. Using 3 seems to be working okay to keep everything in working order but I'll run out of my prescription quicker.

I have lots of Ovestin as I just I use a little pea sized amount each night externally.

If I can't get an increased Vagifem prescription I was going to use 2 Vagifem and one load of Ovestin internally each week.

Does anybody else do that?

How much Ovestin do you insert?

Have you had any problems with internal Ovestin?

I'm still battling for trial of the
Estring too!!!

Thanks x
I am a bit surprised that you have got Ovestin and Vagifem as they are usually alternatives. 2 Vagifem a day is the minimum.  I had trouble convincing my GP practice of this but eventually a urogynaecologist told them that it was fine to use it 5 times a week. I use 3 or 4 at the moment.

Bobidy

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 11:24:33 AM »

Yes I have external sore bits, well one bit, that has responded well to the Ovestin cream, and the Vagifem for internally. It's made a big difference but 2 pessaries per week is not enough for me.

Dierdre

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 12:47:05 PM »

I have both, 5 times a week Vagifem and every night externally with Ovestin. On the two nights I dont use Vagifem i use some Ovestin internally too if needed.  Have you tried using the Ovestin internally, it suits some people better than Vagifem.

Bobidy

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 01:12:27 PM »

Thanks Deidre for the reassurance. I'll give it a go and see how I get on. I feel lucky that I've caught it early so hopefully this 3x weekly mixed dose will remain ok. It's more noticeable with exercise and I really want to get an electric bike so want to be in top top shape first x

Tc

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 01:18:14 PM »

Bobidy.  . Initially i used vagifem inside ovestin outside. I didn't feel the vagifem worked well for dryness so I trialled alternate nights. Vagifem one night internal ovestin the next on a continous basis.  I noticed a marked improvement by adding internal ovestin.

As I was struggeling to get on top of it and still had to add some ovestin just inside on the vagifem nights  I eventually changed over completely to just ovestin. It works very well for me.  . But I do struggle to use less than 5 times a week

I dont find any issues with sensitivity to it. Nor did I when I alternated with vagifem. .  I assume you have the applicator. The dose is measured.

I took the ovestin tube and applicator to show my gp. She had never seen it and didnt know it was such a small tube so she now gives me 2 at a time.

Xxx

Dierdre

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2020, 01:25:21 PM »

Good luck with the bike, i cant ride one now with VA, the saddle is  to uncomfortable, did manage to horse ride the other week though so im getting there.

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2020, 01:47:08 PM »

Daily user of Vagifem here.  Has taken over 6 mos. to finally get relief but every month the VA gets less irritating.  We don't have Ovestin in Canada but use a product called Estragyn (estrone) every second night.  Good luck bobidy as I know you have struggled.  Take comfort in the fact you will get VA under control.

Bobidy

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2020, 03:07:40 PM »

Thanks everyone x