News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Anxiey  (Read 999 times)

LW44

Anxiey
« on: March 06, 2020, 07:18:22 PM »

Hi

Can an increase in oesteogen tablets cause physical/ psychological anxiety until yr body gets used to the extra?  I've only increased from 1mg to 1.5mg (half of my tablet) due to very low eosteogen levels , I've been taking for 5 days, have felt the physical anxiety whooshing through me today at work, like its flowing through my blood? Which is causing those horrible desperate feelings :-/ any reassurance would be very much appreciated. Apparently I am now menopausal and not peri x

Sammiejane

Re: Anxiey
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 02:33:35 PM »

hi their

yes i would say so i was on 2 pumps gel the. man due to low levels told to increase to 3 but the aniexty and mood swings were terrible had to reduce down again x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 02:51:31 PM »

LW44 - when was your last period?

LW44

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 03:31:15 PM »

Ahh was hoping I would get used to it.
Hi CLKD
My last period was August.. no sign since ,  the longest previously I had gone was about 4.5 months,  my fsh and lh results show menopausal apparently , my oestodial < 100

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 04:53:02 PM »

You are still in peri..   Menopause is literally the last monthly period.  Usually we are considered 'out the other side' after 12 months without a bleed.  Hormone tests are reliably, un-reliable  ::).  I didn't stop carrying protection for 5 years after my last one  ;D

Anxiety can be troublesome. HORMONES  >:(

LW44

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2020, 07:55:06 PM »

That's what I thought.. ahh well I'll just see how I get on with the increase :-)

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2020, 08:02:59 PM »

Little steps ;-)

Nita5691

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2020, 07:42:19 AM »

Recently been told that an increase in oestrogen should help with anxiety, just got to wait for the GP to find an HRT that is currently available, as there is manufacturing issues with a lot of them. Oh dear, thats not good, that your increase has made it worse. I was told it can take at least a month for a new HRT to get working. Hopefully, the longer you take it, your body will get used to the increased levels and those horrible symptoms will ease off Good luck :)

LW44

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2020, 11:53:05 AM »

Hi Nita5691

I've been told that too, to be truthful I dont think the increase has made it worse, I think I've been feeling tired, low mood and a bit more anxious for a couple of months and it's just built up , plus I always get anxiety when changing any form of medication,  so fingers crossed it's just a phase and will pass :-)