Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Coronavirus and holidays  (Read 10657 times)

jaycee

Re: Coronavirus and holidays
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2020, 10:22:32 PM »

CLKD/ No the stags  were laughing and thought it hilarious that the hens were quarantined, but then they were too,different hotels
My daughter was due to fly to Amsterdam next week, but of course that is cancelled now
Most of our supermarkets are out of bread, toilet rolls, baked beans and soups etc, pics on facebook of empty shelves,
Even my local chemist has no paracetamol
I am going shopping tomorrow, mainly to stock up on pet food, coffee etc
Also have vet appointments  for 2  cats to have teeth out,

Sparrow

« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2020, 07:49:34 AM »

I don't think holidays are feasible until at least next year.

Lanzalover

« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2020, 08:09:24 AM »

We have holidays booked to Lanzarote in November and December so we'll have to wait and see what what happens between now and then .Hoping we'll be able to go as I need a couple of weeks in the sun during the winter months the thought of having to spend the whole winter in the UK sends me into a panic.

Lanzalover x

jaypo

« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2020, 08:24:08 AM »

We?re the same Lanza,love our cruise over Xmas and new year but if it's cancelled it's cancelled,not much you can do about it  :-\

Sparrow

« Reply #94 on: March 17, 2020, 10:13:30 AM »

My brother and sister in law flew out for a Celebrities cruise on Thursday, to Santiago.  They were flown home again of Saturday as no ports would let the ship dock.

Katejo

« Reply #95 on: March 17, 2020, 11:33:54 AM »

My brother and sister in law flew out for a Celebrities cruise on Thursday, to Santiago.  They were flown home again of Saturday as no ports would let the ship dock.
  Think I would have cancelled any cruise booked at this time. Think of someone becoming infected and the rest confined to cabins for weeks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #96 on: March 17, 2020, 11:50:09 AM »

Well it's OK 2 B isolated on a cruise if the food is good enough.  Apparently liners cater for 2 weeks to avoid waste, so have very little spare capacity in the kitchens  ::)

I do think that the holiday adverts in the daily papers and TV should be pulled  >:(

Sparrow

« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2020, 12:47:01 PM »

Think I would have cancelled any cruise booked at this time. Think of someone becoming infected and the rest confined to cabins for weeks.

Your quite right.  We were surprised that they went last Thursday.  I think they have been very lucky to get back so easily.

CLKD

« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2020, 01:21:16 PM »

Were they checked on return for temp/symptoms?

CLKD

« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2020, 01:26:01 PM »

The small family motel that we use regularly has a Plan of Campaign.  They plan to open selected areas for people to eat.  They will stop supporting passing trade that aren't regular visitors, i.e. Sales Reps..  They will be offering room service for those who feel vulnerable or lonely: B&B which will be delivered to their room.  They want to maintain the dedicated staff, some have been there 4 over 25 years since the Company opened.  We know most by name and they know what we are likely to eat.  Hopefully the Government will support these ideas.

The Chef will prepare take away meals and they will provide a service to deliver food if necessary.  We need them to stay open !

jaypo

« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2020, 03:22:02 PM »

We went to a pub today after the dentist and it's a pub that is always out the door with people,the place was empty,I felt heart sorry for the owner,he doesn't know what's going to happen now,it's a big place,listed building and there were only a handful of people,he assured us he'd spotlessed the place,tables,chairs,door handles etc,was just sad,poor peoples businesses  :'(
I love cruising but not sure I'd like to be stuck on a ship bobbing about at sea for weeks on end

CLKD

« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2020, 03:49:51 PM »

Maybe the Pub owner should hold private evenings?  Cook a basic meal with wine and invite healthy locals to join in?

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2020, 04:58:44 PM »

We were 99.9% sure our holiday would be cancelled and it has thankfully, as we really didn't want to go but also don't want to lose the money,but now we will get it back. Hoping to book to go in October/Nov or Dec I need some sun, I'd been waiting 2 yrs for this holiday.

Hurdity

« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2020, 08:40:33 PM »

Hurdity I really really hope you get to go on your holiday.

Nice thought stellajane! Some joke now though. :(. However that's a first world problem eh? If that's all only bad thing that happens to me/family as result of all of this over the next few months/year then I will be pleased!

Have to work out how to get refund from accommodation, flights and all the other bits ( car hire, car inusrance, overnight hotel, parking etc) - all booked separately. However Easyjet have not cancelled the flights and have just said we can reschedule free of chrage - but when though, and the country hasn't closed its borders so they probably won't give a refund? Hoping my travel insurance will cover some of it now that FCO has advised against non-essential travel abroad. Rang them this morning and they said don't ring unless travelling within the next 10 days - well that will be Friday! (Was due to go on 30th....).

yes Yorkshire Girl - that's what we're waiting for - either cancellation by the 3rd party or the FCO travel advice - "force majeure" then kicks in hopefully.

Hoping some UK campsites will be open in the summer....

Hurdity x

Dorothy

« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2020, 08:42:42 PM »

Two of my friends are on holiday in Morocco - they've been insisting there is no need to panic, even though restaurants & hotels keep closing.  They're due to fly back in 3 days...don't know if they've heard yet, but all flights in & out of the country are cancelled.  BBC were interviewing one person who's been told she can't fly back till August...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10