Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Coronavirus and holidays  (Read 10653 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus and holidays
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2020, 07:41:51 PM »

Will the game go ahead?  If you are going to see Bristol City why are you staying in Tetbury  ;D

Sparrow

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2020, 07:44:25 PM »

Tetbury is not far away and didn't fancy staying in Bristol.  Know Bristol too well anyway as my husbands family are from there.

If the game is off we will still go.

Cobra meeting tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 07:49:03 PM by Shadyglade »

CLKD

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2020, 08:07:03 PM »

Those snakes get everywhere  ;D .......... so do they sit metres apart from each other around the table  :-\ why not SKYPE?

Sparrow

« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2020, 08:10:00 PM »

Aha, but then it wouldn't be a cobra meeting.
Cabinet
Office
Board
Room
A

=COBRA

CLKD

« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2020, 08:19:16 PM »

AAAHhhh ............. so they Skype and call it something more sensible, backed themselves in a corner with that one.

Even if one gets to the destination of choice and some Museums etc. are closed, there's always other things to do. 

Sparrow

« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2020, 10:54:25 AM »

Good for you.

Enjoy yourself.  :)

littleminnie

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2020, 12:47:39 PM »

Our travel insurance calls a pandemic a natural disaster still trying to find out if the policy covers natural disasters

CLKD

« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2020, 06:51:50 PM »

Certainly 'acts of God' aren't usually covered ........

Hurdity

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2020, 06:59:46 PM »

Your insurance company should have put info about Covid-19 on its website. Mine has, with several but not all important FAQs answered. I think we've discussed before further down thread, but if you are just worried about travelling and want to cancel, you're not covered. You're only covered if the Govt ie Foreign Office advises against travel. It doesn't mention airline cancelling flight but I would have thought that was covered too either by the airline or the insurance? However if YOU cancel then you're not covered. However if it's due to pre-existing declared and accepted health condition and GP advises against travel then you are. Various other scenarios covered too.

Hurdity x

Katejo

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2020, 09:35:47 PM »

Your insurance company should have put info about Covid-19 on its website. Mine has, with several but not all important FAQs answered. I think we've discussed before further down thread, but if you are just worried about travelling and want to cancel, you're not covered. You're only covered if the Govt ie Foreign Office advises against travel. It doesn't mention airline cancelling flight but I would have thought that was covered too either by the airline or the insurance? However if YOU cancel then you're not covered. However if it's due to pre-existing declared and accepted health condition and GP advises against travel then you are. Various other scenarios covered too.

Hurdity x
I don't have a policy at the moment but my usual insurer has just announced that any policies bought after 23.59 on 11.3.2020 will NOT offer any protection against Corona. This includes the FCO advising against travel to a country or another country refusing us access.

kdee69

« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2020, 11:07:13 PM »

Our travel insurance calls a pandemic a natural disaster still trying to find out if the policy covers natural disasters

My insurance have said they will cover the loss of my hotel (booked through Expedia) but only if Crazy Jet cancel the flights. I'm due to fly to Naples 9th April and they have only cancelled flights till 4th so I need to wait.

jaypo

« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2020, 09:45:58 AM »

Viking river and ocean cruises have cancelled all their trips until End of April,that's going to cost them :o

jaycee

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2020, 03:03:41 PM »

Heard on the news that Jet2 have cancelled flights to Spain, and some turned back in mid air
My daughter is due to go to Amsterdam on the 23rd, but as far as she knows all flights up to now are still going
A friend went to a hen do in Spain and the stags also went,they were quarantined immediately

CLKD

« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2020, 04:31:40 PM »

Hopefully jaycee not all together ?

Dierdre

« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2020, 05:23:22 PM »

My daughter and hubby went southern Spain  Friday, all as normal and open as yet, flying back Monday. Flying with Ryanair and flights still ok but probably lock down tomorrow with bars and restaurants the same as Benidorm last night. Locals have told them to get some food and drink in just in case there closed. 
My family were coming from Lanzarote next week, (schools shut there now) looks like that might not happen now and I'll probably not get there at Easter. 
With all the technology, financial crises, war and weapons threats, who would have thought a bug would close down the world. I'll never take anything for granted again and i hope we all get through this xx
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 05:34:33 PM by Dierdre »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10