Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Coronavirus and holidays  (Read 10651 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus and holidays
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2020, 12:33:55 PM »

Apparently Northern Italy is completely closed - no entry or exit being allowed  :-\.  So I won't be buying my Passport soon then  ::)

Dierdre

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2020, 12:37:23 PM »

I dont think they will be the last to do this, maybe doing it sooner would have been wiser.

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2020, 12:42:18 PM »

Why?  It will spread by people who are unaware that they are affected.  Italy does seem to have a lot of deaths but as DH stated earlier, there are a lot of elderly in enclaves in Italy because they have a family-oriented culture where generations live in the same property or close by. 

Barnacle

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2020, 12:51:11 PM »

CLKD- I spoke to my DD this morning about it and her response was " Mum, everyday i go to a school with over 1,500 pupils and alot of them don't even wash their hands after going to the loo, so if i'm going to catch it, i reckon it will be at school", which was followed by lots of eye rolling.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2020, 01:03:49 PM »

Kids ........

Dierdre

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2020, 01:05:30 PM »

I thought when they did a lock down it was everyone, aware or unaware of infection. Although even this didnt work in China.  Singapore seem to be managing better than other contries, my neice lives there and the've had no deaths yet and  seem to be containg it.  Not sure if they are stopping people travelling in and out though.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 01:08:01 PM by Dierdre »

Dierdre

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2020, 01:11:05 PM »

Thankfully Barnacle children and teenagers seem to be resilient to it, or suffer mild symtoms and recover well.

Barnacle

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2020, 01:21:36 PM »

Yes, they do seem to be less affected. I might be thinking of somehere else, but i think Singapore has had quite rigorous restrictions put in place and they also have a very good health system over there.

Dierdre

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2020, 01:27:36 PM »

Yes your right, my niece lives there and they have been very strict but it seems to be paying off, fingers crossed.

Katejo

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2020, 06:01:11 PM »

Why?  It will spread by people who are unaware that they are affected.  Italy does seem to have a lot of deaths but as DH stated earlier, there are a lot of elderly in enclaves in Italy because they have a family-oriented culture where generations live in the same property or close by.
I know someone who is now completely cut off from visiting her elderly parents. They live in Cremona which was added to the red zone this morning. She lives in Bologna so is stuck.  :'(

Dorothy

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2020, 09:12:24 PM »

I'm getting married in June - really hoping it will all have died down by then.  Not so worried about the honeymoon as we're going to Cornwall, but I read today that weddings & funerals have been banned in Italy to prevent the spread of the virus.  :'(  Heartbroken for all those bereaved families who have to wait in limbo, and for all those brides & grooms seeing their wedding plans crashing down round them. 

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2020, 10:04:05 PM »

People managed in War Time. They married with very little and often fast.  At least they can't blame relatives for spoiling the wedding ;-)

I had a good day in 1975 but I was so in love it really didn't matter what happened .  I don't understand how funerals can't go ahead, unless the word relates to the whole service:  :-\ :  apparently in parts of Italy the Priest has said a few words over the coffin B4 burial.  Sad that the relatives can't attend as it's saying 'goodbye' ......

Katejo - we have the best communication system in all time, so they will be able to be in contact - maybe not physically but this will pass.  It shouldn't come as a shock in the current climate.

jaypo

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2020, 08:37:29 AM »

Many congrats Dorothy 💖
Don't the majority of people recover from covid?All your told to do is self isolate,don't get me wrong, I don't want a horrific dose of the flu but isn't it similar and like flu,it's the same people (sadly) who perish from it?
I remember when it was the other epidemics,bird flu etc,the media told us we were all doomed,working as a pharmacy dispenser at the time,not once did I hear of anyone contracting that,nor did I know anyone who knew someone who got it,so I'm hoping the media are just doing their usual and putting the fear of god into folk

Sparrow

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2020, 08:56:53 AM »

Don't worry Dorothy, unless you are inviting hundreds to your wedding I can't see there being a problem.  The government may impose restrictions on gatherings over a thousand but that is only a possibility.

Forget about it for now.  Italy has big problems because they were too slow at the get go.

And congratulations . 🎊🎉
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 08:59:19 AM by Shadyglade »

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2020, 09:14:40 AM »

It's the expense of weddings these days  :-\.  All that tinsel and 'favours' required.  Apparently.  We did ours for ?300.00  ;D

What's ? this about  :-\
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 12:34:41 PM by CLKD »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10